80 | Cole Palmer - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs a loan move. With grealish, mahrez and foden ahead of him it’s going to be really difficult to get enough game time.

I think he is talented enough, but it’s difficult for him at the moment.

Strange he wasn’t on the bench for the last match whilst there were two keepers. Surely injured. Can anyone shed some light?
He posted on Facebook that he was coming soon (assuming a real account), so I presumed that meant he had been injured and that he would be appearing in the cup match.

I cant remember who wanted him.....but the opportunity to send him on loan was foolishly not taken.

Experience is all this kid needs,and he has now effectively lost a season.

I don't rate Scottish football (who does?) but it would have been a very good move in respect of playing time,certainly far more beneficial than getting none here.

It's one of those where you have to assume Pep rates him too highly to let him go, as with Foden. He impressed me a lot initially. He's a lot like Mahrez, wonderful touch and technique and with the pace to go past people or turn them despite having little space. The end product was there initially but in a few games he's seen his name up in lights and taken the wrong option. That's forgivable considering how raw he is. It's not cost us so far, and positively he's always looking to get into those positions. Pep's tried him central at times and he's clashed with Mahrez a bit, but clearly he feels he could have that timing and control of the game he feels Foden still lacks.

Hopefully he can play a bit more when he's back from injury, but the games are becoming too important to give him much time now sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.