80 | Cole Palmer - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he doesn't start tomorrow he's gone in the summer.

He's probably gone in the summer even if he does start tomorrow, come to think of it.

Shame. I liked the lad. "Prem soon come" and all that.

Pep loves him (even if many people on here think the time he gets doesn't show this)

It will be hard for him to break into the team at this point of the season so don't see him getting much game time.

Would a move to Burnley be beneficial once they make the move up?

I really do think there's a player in there. He's had a rough time with injuries and hasn't made the most of his appearances, but I still believe in him. Regardless, I think a loan would he best cause he simply needs the minutes at this point to develop

I think there is something to training with world class player day in day out that helps development just is much/more than playing regular minutes. Look at Foden, we all wanted Pep to play him more regularly than he did but it worked out well. I’m not saying Palmer will go the same way. I wonder if he goes on loan to Burnley next year

I get what you’re saying mate, but you can’t compare Foden to pretty much any youngster in England. He’s a once in a generation talent. Most people knew Foden would make it

I get what you’re saying mate, but you can’t compare Foden to pretty much any youngster in England. He’s a once in a generation talent. Most people knew Foden would make it
I get that, kid is special.

But I think maybe that’s where Pep might struggle. He constantly has bought through world class young players and sometimes not comparable. Lewis is having a remarkable season based on being around our squad

Feel like we avoided going for a winger in the summer because of his promise last season.

I don't think some realise how well Foden dealt with the change from academy football and a couple of cameos to being a first team regular.

That gap between academy football and a few promising cameos here and there to becoming a first team regular is absolutely huge. I think it is more of a psychological difference over anything.

You have to believe you are as good if not better than your teammates and for any young lad coming through at City, that is a huge mentality shift to obtain, regardless of how good your ability is as a footballer.

His progress has not been great this season , i was hoping he would follow Foden and gradually play himself into the team , but when he has had his limited chances he hasnt really shown anything.
Would like to see him start against Burnley and give him plenty of the ball , on his day he is an exciting prospect , but he needs to start taking his chances and showing Pep how good he is , or he may be loaned out next season.

Arguably, Foden would have also made it if he’d played more often. Either way, he was firmly on the radar and benefited from staying in and around the first team setup.

I’m not sure the same applies to Palmer. If anything his status has taken a dip. In his case a loan might be the best way forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.