80 | Cole Palmer - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously lacking the experience and still has plenty of developing to do....but he has more substance,and more strings,to his game than both Mahrez and Sterling.There is a reassurance and reliability about his presence and involvement.
You've watched him quite a lot.

Does he have a descent right foot too our does he need to cut back in on his left to cross the ball?

Would love to see him as a support striker. Floating behind haaland. Having said that foden, palmer, mcatee, alvarez and kdb would play that role soo well.
Haaland/alvarez
Grealish foden/mcatee palmer/mahrez
Rodri/phillips kdb/bernado

We are truly blessed to be watching this dynasty evolving season after season after season.

We have 3 of the best young cbs I think I've ever seen at their age as well as tomori in thb, doyle and mbete.

A young striker in delap who has the perfect senior (22 haha) to mold his game on in haaland.

It's mouth watering, we've lost kompany, fernandinho and kun and let's face it, other fans thought we'd decline. Yet, we brought in Ruben, rodri and haaland. No decline, just crazy excitement and intrigue about a new squad, maybe new tactics and formation but the same winning mentality. There's only one team who should be called "the mentality monsters" and they wear sky blue!!!

Anyway, that's my happy clapping moment done, bring on this f@#king season, let's go!!!!

You've watched him quite a lot.

Does he have a descent right foot too our does he need to cut back in on his left to cross the ball?

Left sided dominant but don't underestimate his right either,it most definitely isnt just for standing on.
I suspect we might start seeing much more of his armoury as he breaks into the team more regularly.

He's a proper footballer.

Kid oozes class.

Thought he added a lot more to the team than Mahrez tonight and he was only on for 15 minutes.

Very excited to see the development of Cole in a City shirt. He certainly has an ‘it’ factor about him.

However, realistically can’t see Pep choosing Cole over Mahrez in a proper important game mainly because of experience but also Mahrez’s left foot is lethal both when shooting & passing (when he’s on form) and first touch is world class which Cole needs to catch up on.

Very excited to see the development of Cole in a City shirt. He certainly has an ‘it’ factor about him.

However, realistically can’t see Pep choosing Cole over Mahrez in a proper important game mainly because of experience but also Mahrez’s left foot is lethal both when shooting & passing (when he’s on form) and first touch is world class which Cole needs to catch up on.

No one's going to pick Palmer over Mahrez in a Champions League semi-final tomorrow, but they aren't going to be tomorrow, they're in April, and there's 50+ games between now and then.

I can see Palmer getting a lot of minutes in the games Mahrez has once a week where he just can't be bothered or isn't on it for whatever reason. With Palmer, Pep now has a player who is close enough to Mahrez that he can make a like for like switch without changing the dynamic of the game, and 5 subs makes it a much easier choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.