800 fans to Napoli?

Napoli is like a warzone, i avoided the place on holiday let alone for the footy. Fairplay the Blues that are travelling though!

The game 161 said:
foley87 said:
keep safe everyone. first game this season ive missed. absolutely gutted

have fun, come back and bring those 3 points with you

Ditto

safety first...points coming back home will be great too.

Ditto again. Stay safe blues and heed the advice given by the club, and by Pete on here who has been a mine of useful information for anyone travelling over.

Hope everyone gets to experience all the good things Naples has to offer rather than the unsavoury stuff. By all accounts, the atmosphere inside the ground will be unreal and on another level to what most people are used to.

pete1201 said:
Weather: Another warm day...sun blazing and its shirt sleeve weather. I'll be out the house within an hour...and upto Montesanto...will be meeting Jack and also couple of Ultras Napoli Davide and Stefano. Today I intend to eat Pizza!!

Musn't forget jacket as the temperature drops late afternon...although Sunday evening was a lot milder than Saturday evening.

Just wondered, Pete, what has been the reaction in Naples to the bad press about the city that is being generated, especially after the Bayern stabbings? Is it something that greatly worries the people, or is it just accepted as the norm, something that cant be tackled?

I obviously dont know how many City fans will travel but I'd be surprised if there aren't at least 1200 fewer than went to Munich. That must be a cause for concern in the city, particularly if there is a knock on effect on tourism numbers generally in the region.

Is it likely that any special measures will be introduced to deal with problem when we travel?

phil31 said:
Ive just arrived in Naples. Been up to the stadium, photo's etc. Buzzing. Naples is a lovely city. The weather is a bit overcast, but all in all, fucking buzzing, come on city!!!!!!

Have a goodun blue

41061128_howerd3_bodybbc.jpg

cibaman said:
pete1201 said:
Weather: Another warm day...sun blazing and its shirt sleeve weather. I'll be out the house within an hour...and upto Montesanto...will be meeting Jack and also couple of Ultras Napoli Davide and Stefano. Today I intend to eat Pizza!!

Musn't forget jacket as the temperature drops late afternon...although Sunday evening was a lot milder than Saturday evening.

Just wondered, Pete, what has been the reaction in Naples to the bad press about the city that is being generated, especially after the Bayern stabbings? Is it something that greatly worries the people, or is it just accepted as the norm, something that cant be tackled?

I obviously dont know how many City fans will travel but I'd be surprised if there aren't at least 1200 fewer than went to Munich. That must be a cause for concern in the city, particularly if there is a knock on effect on tourism numbers generally in the region.

Is it likely that any special measures will be introduced to deal with problem when we travel?

The Mayor f Napoli went f**king ballistic about what happened to the Bayern fans. This is a difficult city to police because certain areas warnings are given when police approach. Some of the old quarters of the city are 500 years old ...so the roads are more like alleyways.
There will be over 1000 police on duty tomorrow. I've no doubt all city fans will be ok if they stick to the guidelines. However, who can stand being confined to 1 area...natural instinct makes you want to investigate. Today me and Jack walked Spaccanapoli in the Centro Storico...we saw some police but the atmosphere was very nice and christmassy...this is in the banned area for you boys...we spoke english all the time...but there were tourists in the area and nobody even looked at us. We ate in the infamous spanish quarters again no probs....I just dn't know what to advise. Turns out Jack lives at Piazza Cavour...I saido to him be careful as this is a very tugh area...he has been living there for 3 mnths and loves the place.
I think once it gets dark the atmosphere may change in these areas...but I tend to think in daytime all is ok

pete1201 said:
cibaman said:
pete1201 said:

The Mayor f Napoli went f**king ballistic about what happened to the Bayern fans. This is a difficult city to police because certain areas warnings are given when police approach. Some of the old quarters of the city are 500 years old ...so the roads are more like alleyways.
There will be over 1000 police on duty tomorrow. I've no doubt all city fans will be ok if they stick to the guidelines. However, who can stand being confined to 1 area...natural instinct makes you want to investigate. Today me and Jack walked Spaccanapoli in the Centro Storico...we saw some police but the atmosphere was very nice and christmassy...this is in the banned area for you boys...we spoke english all the time...but there were tourists in the area and nobody even looked at us. We ate in the infamous spanish quarters again no probs....I just dn't know what to advise. Turns out Jack lives at Piazza Cavour...I saido to him be careful as this is a very tugh area...he has been living there for 3 mnths and loves the place.
I think once it gets dark the atmosphere may change in these areas...but I tend to think in daytime all is ok

What sort of time you gonna be about Pete and where ya wanna meet up fella?

pete1201 said:
cibaman said:
pete1201 said:

Howdo Pete

Dont you think alot of it with the Napoli fans is just intimidation. Ive spoke to a few Napoli fans and my impression is that there is alot of front. Like you said in previous posts, it is a minority of Napoli fans that we have to be wary of.
Maybe Ive only spoken to the decent ones, they still like to shout the odds off but when Ive given it straight back, theyve mellowed considerably. One thing that stands out for me, is there passion. They love Napoli.
Italians in the North of Italy state that the people of Napoli are great its just the camorra that are fucking the place up.
I hope everything is ok tomorrow, after the game if City win will be dodgy, foresight would be a great thing, but alot of it is front, a bit like fergies tactics. Win the game before a ball is kicked.

Bilboblue said:
pete1201 said:
cibaman said:

What sort of time you gonna be about Pete and where ya wanna meet up fella?
I'll be in the city centre from about 11 tomorrow. You are just a cuple mins walk from Via Toledo...this is the area I will be in. Txt me when your in and I'll walk up to your end of Via Toledo...towards Piazza Carita. Dnt wrry mate there'll be no action daytime...Had a lovely day today...even had cffee with 2 ultras today dwn at Plebiscito....they reckn that city are welcome frm the ultras but keep your eyes peeled as there will be just a few idiots around<br /><br />-- Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:26 pm --<br /><br />I notice Phil31 is all over the city with no prblem....please keep a sense of proportion.....but be aware

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.