80s City songs

I remember the usual shit taunts of 'come on a skateboard / taxi, you must have come on a skateboard/taxi' depending on the size of away support.

The classic 'You're going home in a st johns ambulance!' and the brilliantly thought up 'David White is fuckin fast, he's fast, fast and more fast?!!' lol

Who F***** a Swedish slag? Steve Moran..Steve Moran (City v Southampton 82-83, just after Moran had been involved in an alleged incident in Europe)

Get to work you lazy twats (sung at Sheff Wednesday during the Miners Strike 83-84)
You Scab Bastards! (sung at Derby County during the Miners strike 83-84)

What do you do if you want a shit?
Shit on Lou Macari
(Swindon 3 City 4 87-88)

Changed on a weekly basis to pick on chunkier players:

"He's fat, he's round he bounces on the ground Alan Brazil, Alan Brazil"

Marital problems? City'll have that:

"Shilton where's ya wife, Shilton, Shilton where's ya wife"

Centre forwards beware:

"You're worse than Gary Birtles, worse than Gary Birtles"

And my favourite as a kid although not a song as such; whistling the Laurel and hardy tune time every time a load of coppers went past.

Changed on a weekly basis to pick on chunkier players:

"He's fat, he's round he bounces on the ground Alan Brazil, Alan Brazil"

Marital problems? City'll have that:

"Shilton where's ya wife, Shilton, Shilton where's ya wife"

Centre forwards beware:

"You're worse than Gary Birtles, worse than Gary Birtles"

And my favourite as a kid although not a song as such; whistling the Laurel and hardy tune time every time a load of coppers went past.

Oh and speaking of Shilton. We had to remind him of his gambling problems:

"Where's ya money gone, where's ya money gone"

I remember Arsenal away and at half time there was a film crew filming the City fans for some long forgotten reason. The Billy McNeils Blue and White Army chant started and just kept going and going. 45 plus minutes if I remember rightly

At The Baseball Ground to After being sacked by the rags and taking over at Derby.He shot -He cum - all over Mary's bum Tommy Doc ,Tommy Doc.Also who's up Mary Brown? who's up Mary Brown? Tommy Tommy Docherty ,Tommy Tommy Docherty.

Was born in '85, I remember being shocked as a little kid by all these fully grown men around me singing - you're going home in a fucking ambulance....

Daddy, why?

"It's OK son, men are allowed to swear but only at the football" :D

One of my favs from back in the day was...'Yeah,yeah, there's something about you City I like' to the Status Quo tune - early 80s
I was a young 15/16 year old headbanger/heavy metal fan so hearing City fans sing that was a right laugh - good old days when we had terraces and the whole ground sang
and we didn't have to have a bloody 'singing section'!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.