80s City songs

never remember it at city,but it was sung a lot ,its from the film jaws .

show me the way to go home home
im tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago
and its gone right to head

Show them the way to go home
They're tired and they want to go to bed
Cos they're only half a football team
And the rest are fucking dead

Reckon it's more 70s than 80s.

Waltzing to Wembley, waltzing to Wembley, you'll come a waltzing to Wembley with me.....
and we'll see someone blue holding up the trophy......you'll come a waltzing to Wembley with me.

You 're just a Scottish twat....John Wark, John Wark

The strangest song for me was

here we go, here we go, here we go
Here we go, here we go, here we goooo, here we go here we go here
We go, here we go, here we go!

And the Rangers/Celtic back and to song in the kippax in the days when you wore half/half hats!

Some brilliant ones! I'd completely forgot the Ron Atkinson one! Some I'd never heard of, like the waltzing one. I tell you what though it's time we recaptured some of that atmosphere and have more new songs. Still can't believe we haven't got a real song for Silva as an example.

1981 FA Cup v Peterborough away.... To Ant Music (Adam and the Ants)

So get down to Maine Road
and do yourself a favour
Red footballs got no taste
So try another flavour...

Man City oh oh oh oh
Man City oh oh oh oh

Sure I remember 'Always look on the bright side of life.' But I can't remember when.

Always remember the karma chameleon one,we'd just been battered at Newcastle 5-0 and at the final whistle it came on and what did a our superb fans do,only started singing it hahaha it was naughty that day Newcastle fans got a a right kicking after the game think it was 83-4 season.

Never forget that day, lined up against the wall behind the stand and the Geordies in the park opposite, dogs going mental and for a young lad it was scary.
Anyway was great City still singing Boy George inspired songs haha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.