82 | Rico Lewis - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's the first time I have pulled the hyperbole card since Guidetti. I would like to think I am older and wiser since then.

Tbf you were hardly the only one excited by Guidetti and there was a fair bit of hype from the media too. Maybe he wasn't good enough for us but didn't he get ill or have a bad injury just when he getting going at more than one of his loans? He can't be that old so I assume he's still out there playing somewhere.

Part of the fun of young players coming through is getting a bit over excited about them. Who knows how it will pan out with Lewis but he seems to have his head screwed on and can handle a bit of pressure so why not have high hopes for him.

Edit: just looked at Guidetti, he's back in Sweden with AIK.

Tbf you were hardly the only one excited by Guidetti and there was a fair bit of hype from the media too. Maybe he wasn't good enough for us but didn't he get ill or have a bad injury just when he getting going at more than one of his loans? He can't be that old so I assume he's still out there playing somewhere.

Part of the fun of young players coming through is getting a bit over excited about them. Who knows how it will pan out with Lewis but he seems to have his head screwed on and can handle a bit of pressure so why not have high hopes for him.

I just had a look also. He is 30 years old now. Doesn't time fly.

Well, it's the first time I have pulled the hyperbole card since Guidetti. I would like to think I am older and wiser since then.
At least this time the hype is from his performances on the pitch, rather than self-promotion off it.

Didn't he have a coke habit or something?

Not heard that before, I suppose given it's prevalence in society as a whole it's possible but equally I assume it could just be as prosaic as he was a bit unlucky with injuries etc.

Not heard that before, I suppose given it's prevalence in society as a whole it's possible but equally I assume it could just be as prosaic as he was a bit unlucky with injuries etc.

He got a central nervous system infection that almost lead to his right leg being paralysed, he lost all feeling in it, and he was bed ridden for 6 months.

Ended up missing a year and needed a year back in the EDS to recover all muscle and fitness he lost at a really key time in his development. Never came back from it the same.

He got a central nervous system infection that almost lead to his right leg being paralysed, he lost all feeling in it, and he was bed ridden for 6 months.

Ended up missing a year and needed a year back in the EDS to recover all muscle and fitness he lost at a really key time in his development. Never came back from it the same.
Fair do's never knew that

I saw that right-back slot in the England team
Ours has been the best since he was seventeen
Wan-Bissaka can’t attack
Alexander-Arnold can’t track back
There’s just one right-back good enough for me

Singing I love Rico Lewis
So get him on the phone with Gareth Southgate
I love Rico Lewis
Running down the right wing for City

Changed my mind. This one's better.

You've got James, we don't need him
You've got Trent, but we don't care
Wan-Bissaka, you can keep him
You can keep him

You're the one that I want (you are the one I want)
Rico Lewis
The one that I want (you are the one I want)
Rico Lewis
The one that I need
Oh yes indeed

Grease - You're The One That I Want [HQ+Lyrics] - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oKPYe53h78

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.