82 | Rico Lewis - 2023/24

That was the case this season and he still hardly played though. A loan for a year would be great for him to develop his game.

He's played more than Foden was at the same age.

1600+ minutes is pretty good for a season when he was 18 at the start. It's also Pep's way that he plays the squad players early on in the season, when there's less pressure, so it then often feels like someone has dropped out of favour.

Given his size, like Phil, I think he'll be given a bit more protection till he builds up more strength. He still gets targeted, and knocked off the ball, something that happened to Phil a lot. That balance and strength takes time to develop.

Or not as happened with Foden
We need to stop comparing players to foden. Foden is a once in a generation player. I believe he’d have made it no matter who the manager is. If he hadn’t had made it no one would.

With Lewis I think he just needs a chance. He’s more than good enough, but we seem so risk averse with our youngsters and would rather buy ready made replacements, even if our own are good enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.