82 | Rico Lewis - 2023/24

That is great to hear. I would be alarmed, and exceedingly surprised, if any deals were taking place behind Rico's back. Unfortunately, the social media age means that there is no consequence for making false statements - I read today that City had secured Lauturo Martinez as a replacement for Phil Foden. The other day, someone else had been bought as a replacement for Rodri.

For me, there is nothing like youngsters coming through to make it at the highest levels of the game. When its with us, and they've been at the club for more than a decade, it is even more special. It isn't only the head that makes us fans: our hearts are and should be involved.

Tolmie is as reliable as they come, and he just said it will be internally discussed at some point this summer. Presumably, Rico will be told what the idea is and decide then. Nothing is happening right now, so not yet.

I wouldn't compare Tolmie to some fake ITKs making ridiculous statements like the Martinez one.

Tolmie is as reliable as they come, and he just said it will be internally discussed at some point this summer. Presumably, Rico will be told what the idea is and decide then. Nothing is happening right now, so not yet.

I wouldn't compare Tolmie to some fake ITKs making ridiculous statements like the Martinez one.
I've always respected Tolmie, but I sincerely hope that this is bollocks. It's also the kind of rumour that we don't need.

Foden is 1 in a million talent. I think the closest we have in terms of raw talent is Oscar, so he would potentially have a shot at more minutes next season. Especially, if we don't sign another RW. For Rico, the competition is just so tough. Kyle, Manu, and John for the RB position, Rodri, Kova, Foden, KDB, Bernardo, Nunes, and Bruno (potentially), and allegedly one more midfielder (apparently we want to sign two this summer) for the midfield position. I don't see where he plays more, and he needs it. 180 mins less this season already. Turns 20 at the end of the year, so he needs to start playing, or he ends up like Cole; at another club.
Ky is winding down and john is always injured so he would get p!aying time here

That is great to hear. I would be alarmed, and exceedingly surprised, if any deals were taking place behind Rico's back. Unfortunately, the social media age means that there is no consequence for making false statements - I read today that City had secured Lauturo Martinez as a replacement for Phil Foden. The other day, someone else had been bought as a replacement for Rodri.

For me, there is nothing like youngsters coming through to make it at the highest levels of the game. When its with us, and they've been at the club for more than a decade, it is even more special. It isn't only the head that makes us fans: our hearts are and should be involved.
It certainly wouldn't be a good look if Rico found out via twitter. Which is why I don't see it being true.

Other than getting more minutes, I don’t see the benefit of a loan for him. He can play in this City side because we have 70% possession every week and don’t do much defending. I can’t see many other managers trusting him to play at RB or CDM every week, especially if he ends up in a struggling team. He would be better off staying here, 20 games a season and having people say he’s a good young player.

If he goes somewhere else, there is also a fair chance that he comes back to a new City manager and would have to restart his City career.
Could potentially go on loan to a dominant team like Celtic. Maybe Leverkusen if we're getting Frimpong.

It certainly wouldn't be a good look if Rico found out via twitter. Which is why I don't see it being true.
Do you actually believe that it was not discussed face to face with Rico before the end of the season?

FFS why do you think we have won 4 titles on the bounce?

Do you actually believe that it was not discussed face to face with Rico before the end of the season?

FFS why do you think we have won 4 titles on the bounce?
You can FFS as much as you want, but I know for a fact it hasn't been discussed as of this morning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.