82 | Rico Lewis - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was far from the worst, and in the game I watched, he played in about 3 different positions, in a team already playing shite, he's 19, very few 19 year olds would handle that well imho.

Hung out to dry for far too long imho.
To be fair, I did say in my post (which you edited out) that he was no worse than other more experienced players out there last night.

To be fair, I did say in my post (which you edited out) that he was no worse than other more experienced players out there last night.
You did, I didn't "edit it out" just quoted the bit I wanted too (not slight you).

He needs to be given a lot of slack right now for me, the team generally is in a shit place, and he's being asked to do a very important role(s), and without our best player in there. The team selection last night looked a step to far to me before kick off, we only lost 1-0, but it could have been 5-0 but for Ederson, that said who knows had Haaland been better with that header ?

I'm much more worried about Gvardiol being played where he is, he's good if we're going forward, but truly awful on the backfoot against a side with decent pace, but he's not a LB. I'm also more worried about Alvarez, for several games now, he has looked knackered, and last night that affected Foden and Bernardo imho, he's not a midfield player.

I didn't think Stones was great either, but understandably after a lengthy break, I didn't think he looked happy before kick off during the warm up, or when the teams lined up.

All around a shit night, but the criticism of Rico is over the top in this thread.

Again, it's amazing how many on here think they know better than Pep when it comes to judging players.
Quite a few of you should be managing elite teams.

I am still of the same opinion, he just isnt the thing he's made out to be. Maybe too young maybe not quick enough or creative enough thinking. We will see in the next few seasons.

People thinking he's getting a shoeing because other people don't believe he is as good a player as Merlin or Kante, it's delusional mate.

People thinking he's getting a shoeing because other people don't believe he is as good a player as Merlin or Kante, it's delusional mate.
Nah people think he is getting a shoeing because he had a bad game in a dysfunctional side and all of a sudden people pop up "not seeing what everyone else is seeing" based on absolute nothing

But you're not a City fan.....
Ok pal no I am realist and say what I see. Kid is decent at right back coming into midfield although he couldn’t be able to play against a high level winger. He’s not a box to box midfielder at the level required in my opinion is all I am saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.