82 | Rico Lewis - 2023/24

His main weakness is that he is still physically slight, a boy playing against fully grown men, so when he tries to run with the ball against them, particularly when it is either forward or sideways, the ball is exposed and he is quite easily knocked over. He was caught doing the same against Brighton and Brentford at the tail end of last season, so he needs to guard against being caught in positions where he might get caught. In the second half, he instead launched one over the top and into a channel, which might be a preferable escape to losing possession in our half.

Will get a lot of hate for this but he’s just not good enough to start us, and he may never be. Takes wayyy too long to release the ball..it gets too frustrating to watch.
He's 18 and Guardiola has started him. I think he knows a bit about footballing quality.
Not his best game today,but he's a decent player now and a great prospect.
Do you know what Peps plan was for defenders releasing the ball? No one was doing it quickly until it came into midfield

Will get a lot of hate for this but he’s just not good enough to start us, and he may never be. Takes wayyy too long to release the ball..it gets too frustrating to watch.
No hate, this is just wrong, full stop.

Kids a star, having the intelligence and confidence to play in a Pep Guardiola team, no less at the back which is so demanding, shows how highly valued he is

Will be interesting to see how he develops physically

Really impressed with him, once he adds a bit of bulk he’ll be great. Pep obviously thinks highly of him, plenty of academy graduates don’t get a sniff and Ake\Gvardiol could easily have forced him out the squad.

Also, I can understand emotions getting the better of you in an important game, but imagine getting a banning order 6 minutes into the season for our academy fullback. Fucking moron.

That describes almost all of our players at the moment so I wouldn't hold it against Rico.

18 years old is still plenty of time to improve on his weaker aspects anyway, and he is faring better than almost any other player would in his shoes ie. being asked to fill in at left-back, midfield and sometimes a hybrid role that nobody had heard of until this year. I think he's more likely to be a regular in the first team for the next fifteen years than he is to fall short here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.