82 | Rico Lewis - 2024/25

I would really like to see Rico given a few games as a "pausa" type 8 as I think that might be his best position long term. Maybe the first round we play in the league cup.

I would really like to see Rico given a few games as a "pausa" type 8 as I think that might be his best position long term. Maybe the first round we play in the league cup.

Spot on Jamesha.

This guy, provided he gets plenty of good game time in the squad will be a superb benefit to our style of play as the season progresses.

I’m pretty sure he has what it takes to step up to the plate when he gets the opportunities given to him by Pep.

To those worried about his height, I would just like to ask: how many of the best fullbacks in the history of football (or even recent history) have been much taller than 1.70m?

Here are some of the best, most versatile, most decorated fullbacks in recent history who had a similar build and skill profile to our Rico:

Lahm 1.70m
Kimmich 1.77m
Alba 1.70m
Carvajal 1.73m
Marcelo 1.74m
Carlos 1.68m
Alves 1.72m

And I would go so far as to say he is a better defender than a few on that list.

I really wouldn’t worry about his height, for the same reason no one ever worries about Bernie’s (or worried about El Mago’s or Roberto Carlos’). When you have the natural talent and intelligence they have, you don’t need to be a giant.

Basically vital to how we play now.

He is using his low frame really well to shield the ball and draw fouls, this in turn gives him a quick turn of pace to go forward.

He is reading the moments well, dont have stats, but feels like he intercepted more balls than anyone else.

He was constantly in the "correct" attacking areas as well.

The only downside from this display is his final 3rd quality in the pass or ability to go and shoot, obviously he is a defender so thats not natural to him, but he can become legendary if he can improve in this department.

Basically vital to how we play now.

He is using his low frame really well to shield the ball and draw fouls, this in turn gives him a quick turn of pace to go forward.

He is reading the moments well, dont have stats, but feels like he intercepted more balls than anyone else.

He was constantly in the "correct" attacking areas as well.

The only downside from this display is his final 3rd quality in the pass or ability to go and shoot, obviously he is a defender so thats not natural to him, but he can become legendary if he can improve in this department.

I honestly believe he's about to do a "Bale" and become absolutely world class going forward. It'll click soon and nobody will be able to stop the lad

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.