82 | Rico Lewis - 2024/25

One thing that really stood out for me yesterday was when he wanted the ball he got it. It hasn’t always been that way coming into the team. I’m not saying the players never respected him but they certainly do respect him now. Just a different feeling about Rico in this team after yesterday and hope he starts next week.

Great player.

It's a sign of how good he is that he rarely gets the "and he's only.......".

I suppose it could have been copyrighted by Bellendham!!

Walker is also ridiculously strong and taller...

However, I agree with the sentiment and Rico has everything to be a club legend.

Agree. With Rico there is a slight worry over high crosses to the back post. I'm sure once he starts to establish himself more, some teams will try and exploit his size there. We can probably cope, Ederson can come for crosses where possible.

It's a sign of how good he is that he rarely gets the "and he's only.......".

I suppose it could have been copyrighted by Bellendham!!

Watching the match yesterday it felt to me that the commentator and Neville didn't draw much attention to anything he did. Neville followed this up with giving Bernardo man of the match.

Might be the paranoia in me, but it felt like they're saving all their 'wonderkid' praise for Mainoo. I know Lewis played a versatile role, nominally a right-back defensively, but in possession he was a midfielder and gave a better performance than I've seen from Mainoo.

Watching the match yesterday it felt to me that the commentator and Neville didn't draw much attention to anything he did. Neville followed this up with giving Bernardo man of the match.

Might be the paranoia in me, but it felt like they're saving all their 'wonderkid' praise for Mainoo. I know Lewis played a versatile role, nominally a right-back defensively, but in possession he was a midfielder and gave a better performance than I've seen from Mainoo.
I think Mainoo's alright mate but Rico's levels above. Just needs more game time and the world will notice!

I really think this season is his proper breakthrough season. He looks like he's grown from a boy to a man.

Superb today. Lucky to have him.

He has got a very bright future ahead of him.
I thought that, too.

He didn’t seem like the young lad, who has played occasionally over the last couple of years.

His body language exuded a much more confident air yesterday, as if he knows his future in the squad is assured.

Really like Rico and felt he was one of our stand outs.

Not his fault at all, but he’s lack of height was a factor a couple of times and you can see Chelsea went for it at times.
I said to Mrs Vienna, early in the second half, when I saw Rico and Phil near each other, "At least we have plenty of height on the right side".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.