82 | Rico Lewis - 2024/25

Clearly talented, especially when you consider he's been used in different positions at a high level and he's still very young, it shows he's a very intelligent player. How many young lads before 20 have been used in various positions in champions league games, top Premier league games etc.? It's unappreciated I think.

if he was a rag doing that, he would be the best thing since sliced bread and the media would be sucking him off live on the air.

Like many, I don't see him as a full back in the long term. I think his ceiling as a full back is lower.

I thought he played great. Watching him keep his cool playing it out of our half is incredibly refreshing after years of Walker. I hope his injury isn't too bad.

Tends to get lost positionally on balls delivered into the box, but otherwise this kid is mint. Highly technical along with being a scrappy little battler...

The only issue is watching out for the injuries. Does have the quality to stick around

Great game at right back last night. Complimented phillips well at times with Phillips hitting the long balls and Rico being good in the tight spaces. Much bigger test next week though

Needs to find his position I think (more Pep, not him) - constantly switching positions across the whole pitch can't be helping him develop too much.

Don't think he's good enough to be a full-back, mind, so that leaves midfield.
I think we saw that with Ian Brightwell. He never had time to develop in one position, as he was so versatile, and was forever switched between right-back and midfield.

Hopefully, the same fate doesn’t befall Rico.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.