82 | Rico Lewis - 2024/25

Thought he was the second best player on the pitch behind Bobb (figuratively and, at times, literally).

He may not be the strongest out-and-out defender, but he reads the game really well, has heaps of stamina, can cut out a pass or run, and is superb at getting forward, usually making the right decisions in possession, taking ball on the turn, and relieving pressure. He has an eye for a forward pass, as well.

I think people writing him off in at the end of last season (or even during pre-season) should feel a bit silly at this point.

Had an excellent game today I thought. First time I have seen him look completely comfortable at right back. His ability on the ball is brilliant as well. Not sure where he will end up playing but you can see why Pep loves the lad.

Thought he was the second best player on the pitch behind Bobb (figuratively and, at times, literally).

He may not be the strongest out-and-out defender, but he reads the game really well, has heaps of stamina, can cut out a pass or run, and is superb at getting forward, usually making the right decisions in possession, taking ball on the turn, and relieving pressure. He has an eye for a forward pass, as well.

I think people writing him off in at the end of last season (or even during pre-season) should feel a bit silly at this point.

I've got to ask (and I know you'll have a good answer), but what do you mean by "figuratively" the second best player?

I just wish he had a bit more pace...
Yeah, it is a pity that for a full back, he doesn’t have a bit more pace and isn’t a bit taller but he is smart and technically gifted. He’s very good at moving inside to join midfield, and he may end up as a midfielder. He is still young and will keep improving but he was one of our better players yesterday.

I've got to ask (and I know you'll have a good answer), but what do you mean by "figuratively" the second best player?
The “figuratively and, at times, literally” bit referred to him being just “behind Bobb”, as in he was very close to Bobb in level of performance, and also regularly physically very close to Bobb on the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.