82 | Rico Lewis - 2024/25

I guarentee you that the same fans (including yourself) that are criticising a 19 year old Rico Lewis for not having his best game were the exact same fans that criticised Cole Palmer when he played for City.

It's so obvious.

Certain players aren't allowed bad games. Particularly some of our academy players.

Nope I wasn't, I am just not in the "I love Rico" cult that seems to have sprung up over the last season. He's been ordinary at best and mainly anonymous.

And I am being kind here, while McAtee languishes on the bench too.

Lads gone up a level or 2 this season. He did alright today(assisted winner) Remember he's playing as an 8 and then having to drop in against the hardest to mark winger in the league. Imo It's the most difficult role to play in the side and he's 19..

The problems Rico had today we can expect to see more teams try and exploit. It's not necessarily anything to do with Rico himself it's just the tactical disadvantage you leave yourself open to when you have a right back who isn't even especially quick playing most of the game as an 8 and is therefore always "out of position" when we lose the ball.

Rico unfortunately struggled today against very quick players like Traore and the full back Robinson.We were lucky that Fulham didn't score goals from these situations. There is no doubting his midfield qualities but he will struggle defensively against fast and direct players.

The problems Rico had today we can expect to see more teams try and exploit. It's not necessarily anything to do with Rico himself it's just the tactical disadvantage you leave yourself open to when you have a right back who isn't even especially quick playing most of the game as an 8 and is therefore always "out of position" when we lose the ball.
To be fair even walker has struggled with Traore at times.

That moment when he came out of a ruck of 3 Fulham players with the ball was typical of Lewis.

Nope I wasn't, I am just not in the "I love Rico" cult that seems to have sprung up over the last season. He's been ordinary at best and mainly anonymous.

Yeah, I really don't understand the posters claiming that Lewis is better than Walker. For ball distribution? Yes. For assisting with the midfield roles? Yes, sure. For being in and around the pen box at crucial moments? Absolutely.

For being defensively sound and knowing that getting sucked into ball watching and using speed to recover against his man? Absolutely fucking not.

Let him play upfield!!

He's 19 years of age. He's slotted into this team seamlessly and rarely has a bad game for us.

His tactical understanding on the football field for a player so young is exceptional.

He was caught out of position quite a lot today, but I don't know if that was our tactic today to risk him being out of position to overload the midfield and play in the pockets.

If he could shoot and he was a bit taller, he'd be absolutely unbelievable.

I think people are being way too harsh on him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.