87 | James McAtee - 2024/25

Don't project your own belief that he made mistake, it's not mistake trying to go out and playing the other team to earn minutes.

Ha.

That’s not what the mistake was. The mistake was (and commonly known to be) that he insisted on SU as a comfort zone move rather than elsewhere.

Being glad to be back and recognising that learning from the best coaching and teammates is really what you need at this point is a real strength. Good luck to him.

When you look at him play, you can just see that he is the real deal, at least in terms of skill and vision. Could he be kicked out of games? Maybe. He's got a very slight frame. I think that's the only question mark. Then there is of course the mental one: the sheer, cussed determination to succeed at his chosen club. But that, only time will reveal.
Oscar, Rico. James maybe? Exciting times.
You make a reasonable point but you'll recall dissenters raising the same doubts about a certain David Silva regarding a 'slight frame' when he first signed for us. That signing didn't turn out too badly.

Ha.

That’s not what the mistake was. The mistake was (and commonly known to be) that he insisted on SU as a comfort zone move rather than elsewhere.

Going to SU is not comfort move FFS, he plays for team that is unlike system he played over the years and besides SU is playing in PL with chances of them going relegate is higher that's is far from comfort moves. If anything choosing Leicester playing in championship just because they have similar playing styles is the most comfort moves imaginables.

You make a reasonable point but you'll recall dissenters raising the same doubts about a certain David Silva regarding a 'slight frame' when he first signed for us. That signing didn't turn out too badly.

Now I had Merlin right in my mind in making that post. Now I rate McAtee, anyone can see that. But with all due respect — David Silva is David Silva, i.e. in my considered opinion, the best player at City in my lifetime. And I saw Bell many times. And I'm well aware of what Kev was at his height, i.e. the best single season by a City player that I've seen in 17-18. Over and over again, City players confirmed that you couldn't get near Silva in training. They were in awe of him. McAtee is simply not comparable.

Going to SU is not comfort move FFS, he plays for team that is unlike system he played over the years and besides SU is playing in PL with chances of them going relegate is higher that's is far from comfort moves. If anything choosing Leicester playing in championship just because they have similar playing styles is the most comfort moves imaginables.

"FFS"? Christ, calm down.

Ironically, he rejected Leicester (having been at their training ground a day earlier) to sign for SU again last Summer. It was a comfort zone move, SU were always going to be going straight back down whereas at Leicester he had the chance to play in a dominant team under a manager who used to be part of Pep's coaching staff in a system which essentially replicated ours. All while helping to develop his understanding of how we/Pep play football and giving himself a headstart when he came back after getting another year of first-team football under his belt.

Instead, he went to SU to play low-block, counter-attacking football with the chance of being battered each week as opposed to developing skills at Leicester that would benefit him here.

He chose SU because he'd been there the year before. Heart over head. A bit like when Patrick Roberts went back to Celtic on loan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.