87 | James McAtee - 2024/25

I’m starting to think that. It’s seemingly impossible for him to get minutes other than the odd cup game. He’s not going to develop or want to stay if it continues. I hope I’m wrong though
He wanted to stay even with no minutes on offer, he'll be fine for now. Probably want some reassuring come summer.

Difference is he's a massive blue as are his family. He knows his time will come and when it does, he'll be ready.

Disappointed not to see him get any minutes yesterday, couldn't have been any less effective than Foden, Gundo etc but we're never going to know as he seems resigned to playing in domestic cup matches only. Can see him wanting more minutes just like Palmer and we lose him next summer and flourishes elsewhere
Apart from the other moves how does he not come on for Gundo instead of Kova being withdrawn?

Difference is he's a massive blue as are his family. He knows his time will come and when it does, he'll be ready.
Sadly I can't see that matters , he is getting to the age where he needs to be playing all the time.

He needs to take care of his career and at this time sadly it looks like it won't be with us.

Same with Phil Foden if he shows that he can really make a difference in City's first team he will be given a fair chance. Cole Palmer had been given plenty of opportunties but did quite make it at City.

Look at palmer, foden, Lewis, bobb.... they all sit in and around the match day squad for a while, a season at least, before being integrated, and even then it's slowly slowly. Palmer didn't like it, took his chance, and ok he's taken it well.

I realise McAtee has more senior experience, and that might speed up the process a touch, but he has to look at the above players and not expect the earth too soon (and I reckon he's been fully briefed!!). He'll get his chances, we have to trust Peps slow integration of these lads.

Look at palmer, foden, Lewis, bobb.... they all sit in and around the match day squad for a while, a season at least, before being integrated, and even then it's slowly slowly. Palmer didn't like it, took his chance, and ok he's taken it well.

I realise McAtee has more senior experience, and that might speed up the process a touch, but he has to look at the above players and not expect the earth too soon (and I reckon he's been fully briefed!!). He'll get his chances, we have to trust Peps slow integration of these lads.
He did that for a season (almost 2 inc just being called into 1st team training) before his first loan. This kid's progression has been not a lineal as the others really.

He did that for a season (almost 2 inc just being called into 1st team training) before his first loan. This kid's progression has been not a lineal as the others really.
I'll give you that, I went and looked at 21/22 and he was in and around the squad more than I recalled. Yes I agree his progression has been different, but I still think Pep will take his time.

I'll give you that, I went and looked at 21/22 and he was in and around the squad more than I recalled. Yes I agree his progression has been different, but I still think Pep will take his time.
Yes, i think him being in and around again, should have been last season over this but i'll take it.

Usual predictable comments about players leaving because they're not starting i see.

Mcatee literally said he wanted to stay here this season even if he's not playing, you cannot get any clearer indication of his mindset than him saying it outright
yet we are still seeing comments suggesting otherwise.

He knows another loan isn't going to get him closer to playing regularly for us. He needs to be here, showing up in training every day and if his chance comes, take it, if it doesn't, (and hes accepted its more likely it wont this season) he'll bide his time as he's seen Lewis and Bobb do exactly that and now find themselves a core part of the squad.

There's no worries about rushing him into the side.

In my opinion he could have some involvement in the next 3 games if Pep see's the chance to rotate is there and doesn't feel the need to go all put in games we're overwhelming favourites.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.