87 | James McAtee - 2024/25

Should get another loan imo. Needs 100% game time but who knows.

It's a shame we can't loan to Girona currently. I thought that would have been perfect for him.

If he's happy just being in the squad, then that's fair enough, but I fear that by mid-season, those feelings of being content sitting on the bench may change.

There's obviously value in loan moves for young players but he's just had two years of playing mens football regularly.

At this point I'd rather he stays and trains with the best in the business, especially when he's already stated that's his aim.

He's got everything he needs to make it with us. Now it's about continuing the hard work and waiting for his chance.

It's a shame we can't loan to Girona currently. I thought that would have been perfect for him.

If he's happy just being in the squad, then that's fair enough, but I fear that by mid-season, those feelings of being content sitting on the bench may change.
If he followed Phil's progress, I’m sure he will know that he will have to be patient and await his chance.

If he’s good enough, the opportunities will come, and then, it’s up to him to make the most of them.

At this point he needs to be within the squad environment daily if he's going to reach the level required to make it here. He's seen the likes of Lewis and bobb go from making up the numbers in training to getting a chance and pushing through doing the same thing and are now ahead of him.

2 years at sheffield united was never going to make him ready to come back and be a regular for us. He'll spend a year on the edges of the squad getting a few minutes in dead games but he'll learn from the level of training he faces daily. then we can see a lot more clearly whether he's going to fulfill his potential or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.