89 points with 12 wins can history repeat itself?

Get a grip. please face the facts, the team is in bits and if we keep giving this manager the players he wants guess what? we will never ever lower our wage bill.

CITYROBBO said:
I know most of you have given up all hope but with bookmakers paying out and people have written us off .. 6 wins from 6 last season why cant we win 12 from 12 and get to that magic number 89 again. i know our goal difference is slighty worse but we can make that up and if they lose a couple its back on.

Imagine if we stole it on goal difference again and the same points as last year haha BELIEVE and FIGHT TILL THE END!!!

Be happy with top 4 after Saturdays performance

citymacc said:
waspish said:
If we do win every game we will win the league and the Fa cup :)

Major ask though, can't see us winning all of these: Chelsea (H), Everton, them, Spurs, Swansea (A).

I know.. before our 1 game blip I said we would get around 87 points and if that's not enough its not enough

Pam said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
waspish said:
If we do win every game we will win the league
So you think in 12 games the games will drop 12 points.

If you mean the scum, then its not likely but its not impossible. I think that's probably the OP's point here.

Despite the fact they have only dropped 13 points all season to this point?
Im not saying the team should give up im just saying fans need to stop being so delusional

one thing is absolutly certain and that is its not over, you tell fergie its over and he'll fly at you.
of course its a very long shot now but we must approach the rest of the season as if we were level on points. truth is we are 9 points behind (we'll beat them at the swamp) so its doable. if we then still fall short it will mean we finish in second place, we have to make ourselves as attractive as possible to our transfer targets come the summer.
then we go again.

assuming some thick fuck doesn't destroy yet another window.

I put a tenner on us at 16's last night.

You just never know and if the gap is down to 6 - 8 before the derby who knows? Rags have Madrid H & A with some tricky looking away games. Beat them at OT (which we have to do now just to restore some pride) and that could take the gap down to 3 - 5 with 7 to play.

Arsenal came back from 12 behind in 2002 with a similar number of games to play. We did 8 with 6 last year. How many points did Newcastle lead by when the Rags chased them down?

Admittedly, we look poor at the moment but look at last year. We got beat off Swansea and Arsenal and looked gone as a team. The pressure was off as the title had gone and we went on a 6 game winning run which ultimately won us the title.

Never say never

GXCity said:
I put a tenner on us at 16's last night.

You just never know and if the gap is down to 6 - 8 before the derby who knows? Rags have Madrid H & A with some tricky looking away games. Beat them at OT (which we have to do now just to restore some pride) and that could take the gap down to 3 - 5 with 7 to play.

Arsenal came back from 12 behind in 2002 with a similar number of games to play. We did 8 with 6 last year. How many points did Newcastle lead by when the Rags chased them down?

Admittedly, we look poor at the moment but look at last year. We got beat off Swansea and Arsenal and looked gone as a team. The pressure was off as the title had gone and we went on a 6 game winning run which ultimately won us the title.

Never say never

Not as tricky as ours unfortunately!

Mathematically, of course it can be done but realistically, it's not going to happen. We need to stop torturing ourselves with thoughts of the title and get back down to basics. Get behind the team and try and enjoy each game as it comes. If we're in with a shout near the end then we'll give it a good go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.