89 points with 12 wins can history repeat itself?

de niro said:
one thing is absolutly certain and that is its not over, you tell fergie its over and he'll fly at you.
of course its a very long shot now but we must approach the rest of the season as if we were level on points. truth is we are 9 points behind (we'll beat them at the swamp) so its doable. if we then still fall short it will mean we finish in second place, we have to make ourselves as attractive as possible to our transfer targets come the summer.
then we go again.

assuming some thick fuck doesn't destroy yet another window.

AAHHHHHH the thick fuck strikes again!!!!!

No, no history can't repeat itself. Mainly because we've never overhawled a 12 point gap on United before, so there is no history.

We've looked pretty poor for most of this season if we're being honest. The attractive attacking displays of last season have almost exclusively disappeared. Even when we've been winning games it's rarely been with style and room to spare, pretty much half of our victories this season have been by a margin of just one goal. This time last season we'd won 18 league games, but only 5 of them had been by just 1 goal, this season it's just 15 wins, with 7 by a 1 goal margin. Combine that with the fact we've scored 48 league goals this season, compared with 63 this time last season and you can see where the problem lies.

We've been much worse than we were at any point last season, there's absolutely nothing to suggest we're even remotely capable of pegging United back. When you consider that 4 of our remaining 6 away games are against Everton, United, Spurs and Swansea you'd have a good argument for the current 12 point margin expanding rather than contracting.

Our main chance of success this season is now the FA Cup, Leeds won't be easy but a home tie against a lower league side should mean we make the quarter final. Then it's all about a little luck in the draw (avoid away games against the likes of United, Chelsea, Arsenal or Everton where we wouldn't be favourites) and another trip to Wembley may be on the cards. If the "favourites" all make the Quarter Finals then you'd still have the likes of Millwall, MK Dons and Wigan in there for us to draw.

We need to accept the inevitable, and the obvious, United will be 2012/13 Premier League Champion's. They've picked up points consistently, even when they haven't played well. We've dropped points when playing badly. At least we know the outcome now, I'd much rather lose out on the title at this early stage and have time for it to settle in whilst the season is still progressing than to lose it after our season has finished, when I thought we'd won it. It still hurts, but nowhere near as much I'd wager.

Yes , we have suffered a bit this season , for all kinds of reasons , but you do have to give the rags a bit of credit ... they have won 21 of their 26 games , and are on course for their best ever Premiership season ..... and even if we'd been 'bang in form' all season , we'd hardly be running away with things , would we ??

The season has ended.........lets all go home.

Ffs, if football is about anything it's about what stands before us.

We have to look at it as a 9 point lead (the same way I looked at last seasons 8 point lead as just 5), going on about losses is complete and utter bollox, it's the draws that matter.

Are they 'likely' to win it? Of course.......is it nailed on? No.

Lets just take each game as it comes and stop fretting, they have had a charmed life (yes I know they've earned it too) but all teams hit a 'sticky' patch....they haven't......yet.

Who cares..... we've got 40+ points we're not going down....... fcuk, I'm regressing!

OJ Blue said:
they have had a charmed life (yes I know they've earned it too) but all teams hit a 'sticky' patch....they haven't......yet.

It's my belief that they've already been through their 'bad patch' ....

the rags rarely lose the first game of the season , yet they did this time ..... and two other defeats weren't that long in coming either .... and they'd lost all three games by mid November.

just my opinion , but things appear to be 'running' for them , and i cannot see them losing more than one or two more games .... if they lose any !

I want to see how many point can Mancini get from 36 possible.

I want so see can he improve us on away matches like Everton, Swansea. Or we go there, knowing what to except and we come away without a result once again.

It is a mini test for Mancini, we probably wont be Champions and as things stand it is more possible we will be behind with a 10 point gap than only a 5 point gap.

I am absolutely on the opinion of sacking him if we can get one of the best coches (Jose, Klopp), wouldnt be totally against his staying if we can get only some younger, unproven but exciting ones like Laudrup. And if Mancini would stay and spend another big money and would fail in CL group (hope not, 3 times in a row, laughing stock big time, ahhhh) and/or couldnt win the league or couldnt even come close to it than fire him without any consolation payment really. Hope there is something like this in his mega contract.
I think many lesser coaches could reach 2nd or 3rd place with City squad in the league two years in a row.

So 36 points to play for and FA Cup.

There a few very tricky away matches, but always had to improve on away record after last season as only our nearly perfect home record won us the title.
Anyone could have predicted back than we wont have another 18-1-0 record again, so away record had to improve.
Perfect time for Mancini to show what he can do vs. Reading, Swansea, Everton away from home.
Maybe it wont matter as we finish behind United with 10+ points but still 9 points from these or 2 points from these really matters well at least for me. At least he could show he is capable of winning at these places in case if he stays.

Or would give him an ultimatum to get at least 30 points from possible 36 (thats 9 wins and 3 draws or 10 win and 2 losses) or ...

And also if he gets only 15-20 points because I can see that horrible run of matches coming in our way too with the current state of our mentality and as Mancini makes his digs everyday in the dressing room probably and in the press surely, so if it is 15-20 points from 36 remaining then clearly fuck off and get even Laudrup who is doing great job at Swansea with no previous English experience with spending less than what we spent on Garcia and he got players playing well and even above their skills as a whole team because the vision, motivation Laudrup offers to them.

After the Arsenal game last year I rang a red "mate" of mine and conceded the title. I told him, there's 6 games left, if we win them all you never know but we won't win them all.

I'm feeling the same now, albeit with twice the number of games. If we win all 12 (which I don't think we will), we'll be there or thereabouts. It's there's to lose but we all saw last year they're capable of it when put under pressure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.