9/11 where were you?

One thing I will say is how easy the plot was. Forget putting a bomb together, building a car bomb and buying materials, using there own planes as flying Bombs completely gazumped everyone.

The plot was,the planning was meticulous genius.

Was over from Tenerife for a week visiting Liverpool with my ex and was in a bar on the docks when reports started to filter through of the first incident.
We walked over to Mathew Street not really giving it much thought but as we got to where Liverpool one is knew something serious was going down because everywhere had people rushing into bars, restaurants, basically anywhere with a television and standing in silence watching what was happening.
We got ourselves into a pub and spent the next 6 hours glued to the TV open mouthed, not speaking along with hundreds of others.
It was the most surreal afternoon with strangers hugging tearily, as the reality hit home to what was happening.

I was at Paramedic training school.Iirc we had just had lunch,and was returning for our afternoon studies,when the TV was switched on and then of course our attention was focused on the unbelievable and surreal events happening before us....many of us thinking how easily it could be one of us contending with such events.

It matters not how many times the footage of the incident is watched,it never quite sinks in that it was possible,and that fellow humans were capable of such monstrosity.

Was at work in Radcliffe when my mate told me about a plane hitting one of the World Trade Towers.
I thought it was just a little Bi plane at first and that some old pilot had misjudged their flight path.
But then he told me it was a passenger jet and its all over the news.
i remember walking through the factory and seeing groups of workmates all stood around different radios in silence and shaking their heads.
It was a very surreal day

I was working nights on the ship so I was asleep in the daytime when it happened. As was usual back then I woke up mid afternoon and turned sky news on in my cabin to catch up with what was happening in the world. I thought I'd hit the film channel by mistake as it was going on about planes flying into buildings in New York etcetera. I started flicking through channels and they were all showing the same thing. In my half asleep confused state I thought I was going mad. Then I realised it was the world that had gone mad.

I was working behind a bar at the time and watched it on the big screen in the pub.

I went in the kitchen to tell the landlady about it and she slapped me across the face as she was trying to get the landlord over his fear of flying!

Then the second plane hit and it just became compelling, gruesome viewing.

We had returned from a mini break in Paris 24 hours previously. There were quite a few Americans on our flight back to Manchester, we wondered afterwards how many had caught connecting flights onwards.

Went for a swim in the afternoon and only had a few minutes in the pool. It was difficult to get motivated. In the changing room afterwards normally people don't chat but that day you just felt the need to share your horror.

RIP to those that perished.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.