9/11 where were you?

In the office here in UK north of London watching on the net.
We had a site in the US across the river from the towers and were getting a commentary from colleagues as it happened. They were all sent home later.

i was in hospital, just came out of xray and was waiting to see a consultant, it was on the tv in the far corner of the room but with no sound so i didnt really know what was happening, i just thought it was a fire at the time

My motorbike broke down on the way to work. Went back to it at lunchtime. Wouldn't start so got the AA out. He got it started and followed me to local garage. Got to garage and AA man told me what happened as he'd heard it on the radio as he followed me. Got home and watched replays on sky news.

I was driving to the Trafford centre with my girlfriend at the time. It came on the radio that a light aircraft had hit one of the world trade centre buildings. We didn’t think much of it at the time. Then when we parked up and got inside seeing the pictures on the TVs in the electrical shops as the second plane hit was pretty scary stuff knowing it wasn’t accident and we would end up going to war

Was working for Miss Foot, crispbag effecting her living room as an apprentice painter.. I remember her young daughter was ill and staying home from school listening to Bat out of hell, she knew the lyrics to the songs too.. then I got home and my mum and dad and me and possibly my sister, watched the coverage.. seeing the footage was interesting but, sadly I didn't care at all

Staggering just humans are willing to do to one another in the cause of some flag and/or religion. We're (the human species) supposed to be at the top of the evolutionary chain. Are we?
There’s nothing particularly special about homosapiens. We’re just very inventive great apes with the ability for large vocabularies and have good fine motor skills and nothing more really.

We aren’t that strong or fast, we can’t fly, can’t change shape or colour, we aren’t the fastest learners in the animal kingdom, we don’t live the longest, we don’t have sonar, and we aren’t intelligent enough to see how badly we are living as a species and what we’re doing to ourselves, each other and the planet.

Humans will be killing each other on a minor and major scale for as long as we’re around. It’s in our genes. It takes hundreds of thousands of years to change genes like this, that’s why communism will never work because we are genetically predisposed to organise ourselves hierarchically and we will always have homosapiens who will want to (as individuals or groups) mass murder people… and I don’t think we’ll be around as a species long enough for the genetic changes to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
My attention was drawn to the live reporting of the first plane's impact by someone in our office watching the BBC online.
We were in the City of London and it felt quite surreal as the second one was announced.

Thought something serious had gone wrong with air traffic control after the first, then when the news about the second, the Pentagon one and the other missing plane came in, it became clear it was some kind of coordinated attack.

A few worries about whether it would be wise to stay at work,or even use public transport on the way home, but the general concensus was we'd just carry on until we heard that there was any suggestion of a threat manifesting over here.

10 years old, trying to understand why my school was abruptly ushered into an auditorium in the middle of gym class, why my teachers were in a panic and crying, why all my friends were all getting picked up from school early.

Can't believe it's been 20 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.