9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the Ballon D’Or is now awarded based on performance over a season, who knows what could happen if he keeps his current goal scoring up and we win the major comps.

That said, it’s a World Cup year so probably more chance of it going to a WC winner.

Hi ability to stay onside must help enormously, as so many times Jesus and Sterling would be caught out. He is very rarely offside, and is clearly well aware of this, he shapes and times his runs, and knows his acceleration and anticipation allow him to get where he needs to from an onside position

Let's not sugarcoat it: Haaland is easily, EASILY, the best striker to ever play for Man City. At least talent wise.

If Haalands wins UCL + EPL alongside with his insane stats, then he eclipses Aguero's Man City legacy.
Does he fuck , dont be coming here putting down a legend

Hi ability to stay onside must help enormously, as so many times Jesus and Sterling would be caught out. He is very rarely offside, and is clearly well aware of this, he shapes and times his runs, and knows his acceleration and anticipation allow him to get where he needs to from an onside position
Demonstrated perfectly with his first goal. Someone like KDB knows this too. If he hadn't banged that cross in at exactly that pace and that split second, the move wouldn't have worked.

I think Haaland is the most exciting young player I've ever seen. I think he will be the biggest name in world football by the end of this season.

Last edited:
I said it in the match thread but his speed on the first goal was something else.

If you see the clip of it, he sets off as soon as Foden gives it to KDB and he glides past defenders, one bounces off him, and makes up the ground in about 1/2 strides.

A proper blink and you miss it kind of run. Probably looks normal to teams used to playing with a 'number 9' but he just looks unreal.

I'm going to sound crazy because he has 12 goals already. But we still have not seen the best Haaland. Iv watched Dortmund since hes been there and seen him go from young goal scorer to a goal scoring machine.

I'm telling you there's alot more to come. The players will be surprised as well when it happens, but Bellingham and Reus learnt it. Play him the ball in behind even if there's not much space. Yes he's got incredible instincts in front of goal. But he's a battering ram when he gets running. Kimmich injured himself trying to stop him.

In the bundesliga none of the defenders could stop him when he had the ball and was just running with it. Hes a one man counter attack. Ive seen him bully 3 defenders who were trying to stop and then just smash it in the net. Kdb, Foden, Grealish Gundogan etc just need to give him the ball on a counter 9 times out of ten he will score doing all the work himself. There was a glimpse of it with the goal against Palace.

Premier league teams won't be ready for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.