9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ability to stay onside must help enormously, as so many times Jesus and Sterling would be caught out. He is very rarely offside, and is clearly well aware of this, he shapes and times his runs, and knows his acceleration and anticipation allow him to get where he needs to from an onside position

What struck me in last night's game was the space he creates for himself for his second goal. His movement takes him away from the defenders and whilst there is an element of good fortune to where the ball fell, his skill at creating that space for himself, is the reason he gets so many goals.

He has all the physical attributes to be a top player, but his ability to create space for himself and to read the game, is what makes him so dangerous. I also loved seeing his quotes about all the City games he's watched over the years and imagined himself in this team. That attention to detail has no doubt helped him hit the ground running... and then some!

Hi ability to stay onside must help enormously, as so many times Jesus and Sterling would be caught out. He is very rarely offside, and is clearly well aware of this, he shapes and times his runs, and knows his acceleration and anticipation allow him to get where he needs to from an onside position
I think it also comes down to his insane physical ability. He covers so much ground so quickly that he gets to places where Jesus or sterling might only get to if they were starting from a marginally onside or offside position. It's phenomenal to watch him eat up ground in the box

I'm on holiday with little internet access but just caught the Sevilla highlights. He is otherworldly.

It's the combination of his physical attributes - he is always one of, if not the tallest, strongest, and fastest players on the pitch at all times - but also an uncanny positional awareness. He's always in the right spot at the right time.

I am not sure how you stop it honestly. If he can keep his head on straight (which as far as footballers go, he does seem to be humble and hardworking) and stay fit, there's no limit to what he can achieve.

Ah yes - the telescopic leg! Been discussing it with a few mates since his opener against Forest last week when his leg just seemed to extend so much to get on the end of the ball into the box.

As you say, it's uncanny how he manages to find so much space in that 6 yard box. All great strikers have that instinct to know where to be but movement-wise he looks to be on an entirely different level to anyone I've seen before.

Move over Arnie - the real Terminator has arrived!
I can only think of 2-3 other strikers that comes close to his abilities, its Romario, the real Ronaldo and David Sucker also had that innate ability to be at the right place at the right time

I'd love to see EH's heat map of all the games combined so far this season. Just how many minutes has he spent in the City half...

I'll guess - 9m 30s

What struck me in last night's game was the space he creates for himself for his second goal. His movement takes him away from the defenders and whilst there is an element of good fortune to where the ball fell, his skill at creating that space for himself, is the reason he gets so many goals.

He has all the physical attributes to be a top player, but his ability to create space for himself and to read the game, is what makes him so dangerous. I also loved seeing his quotes about all the City games he's watched over the years and imagined himself in this team. That attention to detail has no doubt helped him hit the ground running... and then some!
I think it also comes down to his insane physical ability. He covers so much ground so quickly that he gets to places where Jesus or sterling might only get to if they were starting from a marginally onside or offside position. It's phenomenal to watch him eat up ground in the box

It's both, isn't it, and everything else!

We've all seen cerebral players who get into the right positions but can't finish, players who shrug off tackles but never make the right run, players who can make goals from crazy angles but aren't strong enough to work through a packed defense.

But I've never seen anyone who can do it all – at least outside of highlight clips of the all-time greats.

What a player.

There is just something beautiful about a man this size soaring through the air, his head 2 feet above the goal with the look of pure concentration on his face, to tap in a searing cross from KDB. He made that look too easy.

But you have to ask, is he making some of these finishes harder than they need to be? There are times when it seems like just getting a head on the ball would be much simpler (and less painful) than throwing his body 5 feet in the air and landing straight on his arm or back. But hey, I'm not complaining with the results!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.