9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna take him a bit of time to understand the pressing we do, it's different to other teams. There were times where he wasn't pressing and some times when he was pressing on his own, once he clocks it this should be really special. Should have had 2 goals in that 45mins he played, alone.
He will learn but i'm just glad he scored and got that out of the way.
He's a beast and is going to be a handful for defenders, his speed for how big he is was impressive.

I thought he had three clear chances, scored one, took an extra touch when he was sent through on goal and had a goal ruled out for offside, that was a clinical finish though.
Not bad for his first 45 minutes :-)

He is definitely what i thought he would be and something we've been missing, i can't wait for the season now.

Its interesting where Haaland shows up on this graph. You'd think he'll creep up towards
Jack eventually after catching on to City's press.

It's possible, but Dortmund press differently so it will be interesting to see how quickly he picks up our style or whether we use Alvarez more for certain situations.

It's possible, but Dortmund press differently so it will be interesting to see how quickly he picks up our style or whether we use Alvarez more for certain situations.
As we saw with Dortmund, his speed running with the ball is freakish for a man of his size, so we should utilise it and hit teams on the break a bit more. The one where he was put through from the halfway line against Bayern, he left them for dead, probably should have shot. Imagine Kev bursting through from midfield and sliding it through to Haaland. Can’t remember us having a striker that explosive, not since Gerry Creaney anyway.

As we saw with Dortmund, his speed running with the ball is freakish for a man of his size, so we should utilise it and hit teams on the break a bit more. The one where he was put through from the halfway line against Bayern, he left them for dead, probably should have shot. Imagine Kev bursting through from midfield and sliding it through to Haaland. Can’t remember us having a striker that explosive, not since Gerry Creaney anyway.
Yeah good point. He also makes different runs to what we have been used to, directly off the shoulder of the defender. There was a chance early on where KDB chose to shoot rather than pass, Haaland would usually take that slide pass and slam it home. A bit of training between them all and that will def come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.