9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all knew Haaland could and would score goals. Thing is at 22 years, there is still so much improvement to develop for Pep. And Haaland is very eager to learn. Doesn’t necessarily mean he will score more but he will be a better all round CF. So you can expect the team with Haaland will be even better.

On a side note, Haaland let Bellingham go to score for Dortmund. He made up for it though so no complaints.

The Viking is pretty good, but can you imagine if we had managed to sign Darwin Nunez instead?

Reactions: TFC
I really don't care if he should be using his head for those sort of crosses , he can use whatever part of the body he likes to put the ball Int he net it's all good to me !

If we get to the CL final, and he only gets one touch (Oo-err), which turns out to be the winning goal, I'd be prepared to forgive him for contributing fuck all on the rest of the pitch.

;-)

Personally couldn't care less how many touches he has as long as he scores goals. That's what we've been crying out for since Aguero's last season and if somebody being clinical means they're not used in the build up as much then so be it.

What does interest me is how Aguero was told to change how he plays when Pep first came in - to transition from an all-out striker into one that is involved in the build up - or he would be benched/sold then fast forward a few years Pep has gone the complete other way with the Viking.

Personally couldn't care less how many touches he has as long as he scores goals. That's what we've been crying out for since Aguero's last season and if somebody being clinical means they're not used in the build up as much then so be it.

What does interest me is how Aguero was told to change how he plays when Pep first came in - to transition from an all-out striker into one that is involved in the build up - or he would be benched/sold then fast forward a few years Pep has gone the complete other way with the Viking.
You are right about the last bit , very different approaches to having a striker , maybe thor will be expected to do more when he has settled in , i said earlier he could press but he doesnt do it , yet

You are right about the last bit , very different approaches to having a striker , maybe thor will be expected to do more when he has settled in , i said earlier he could press but he doesnt do it , yet

It's made even more interesting by the fact that Haaland does seem to have the link-up play in his locker. A couple of times last night he took it on the half-turn and sprayed a ball out wide and a time played into his feet which he created something from.

We're a few games into the season now that it will be intentional that he's hardly involved unless it's on the end of chances and it's obviously working. Just interesting to see if his role evolves even more.

It's made even more interesting by the fact that Haaland does seem to have the link-up play in his locker. A couple of times last night he took it on the half-turn and sprayed a ball out wide and a time played into his feet which he created something from.

We're a few games into the season now that it will be intentional that he's hardly involved unless it's on the end of chances and it's obviously working. Just interesting to see if his role evolves even more.
It might just be that Haaland is open to stuff in training and keen to learn, whereas Sergio hated training and just wanted to play and score goals and needed a kick up the arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.