9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally couldn't care less how many touches he has as long as he scores goals. That's what we've been crying out for since Aguero's last season and if somebody being clinical means they're not used in the build up as much then so be it.

What does interest me is how Aguero was told to change how he plays when Pep first came in - to transition from an all-out striker into one that is involved in the build up - or he would be benched/sold then fast forward a few years Pep has gone the complete other way with the Viking.
It’s still somewhat early days but as he’s just banging them in, Pep is probably like fuck it, just keep smashing them in.

With that said, even Haaland has mentioned that there are things he needs to improve. I’m sure he’ll get better as the years go by.

It's made even more interesting by the fact that Haaland does seem to have the link-up play in his locker. A couple of times last night he took it on the half-turn and sprayed a ball out wide and a time played into his feet which he created something from.

We're a few games into the season now that it will be intentional that he's hardly involved unless it's on the end of chances and it's obviously working. Just interesting to see if his role evolves even more.
We know it's takes a while to learn Pep's system and at certain times he does drop and get's involved to start an attack and i'm sure he'll get more involved as it goes along.

Imagine the player he will become if he does add that to his game!

But at the moment i'll take him as he is and be happy that at least he is converting a lot of the chances we're creating.

all this talk of touches is bollocks, he makes run after run after run , all game doesnt stop, but we dont punt it up to him we pass ,pass and pass again ,and when the chance comes we get the ball in the danger area, its what we do and have always done, any cf in world football wouldnt touch it many times, but when the chance comes they have to take it and thats what he does, his work rate is very good as i say watch him he never stops running into space

It's made even more interesting by the fact that Haaland does seem to have the link-up play in his locker. A couple of times last night he took it on the half-turn and sprayed a ball out wide and a time played into his feet which he created something from.

We're a few games into the season now that it will be intentional that he's hardly involved unless it's on the end of chances and it's obviously working. Just interesting to see if his role evolves even more.
I’m amazed by his technical quality on the ball from the little build up involvement he has had. His touch and control and passing seems as clean and crisp as KdB and Foden (if not more so), it’s quite incredible to watch. Good feet on the big man.

He is a monster. A wonderful football monster. I cannot wait to see him at our ground, even if he destroys us. What a player. I am even thinking of trying to catch a City game just to watch him live.

He makes me grin ear to ear in a way that I can't quite describe. I hold a dear love for some of our current and past players, but this lad just makes me want to giggle. And look forward to just seeing him every game. Maybe Sergio was just exciting 11 years ago, but I genuinely don't ever remember being this giddy about a player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.