9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually 401 I think but I go to every Kerry game live so rarely watch anything on TV.
Never noticed it on. Not trying to be funny.

It’s most like Aussie Rules is it, but with 3 points for a goal and 1 when it goes over the bar?

Do you have the butchers doing the signals like in Aussie Rules?

Never noticed it on. Not trying to be funny.

It’s most like Aussie Rules is it, but with 3 points for a goal and 1 when it goes over the bar?

Do you have the butchers doing the signals like in Aussie Rules?
A good bit different. We used to play them in a mixed rules game every couple of years (hasn't happened for a good while) and there was a good bit of debate every time about where in the middle we should meet.

A good bit different. We used to play them in a mixed rules game every couple of years (hasn't happened for a good while) and there was a good bit of debate every time about where in the middle we should meet.
I wouldn’t say I was an expert on Aussie Rules anyway, it just seems a similar type game, albeit with different shaped balls.

I wouldn’t say I was an expert on Aussie Rules anyway, it just seems a similar type game, albeit with different shaped balls.
There's a good bit of difference tbf, although a lot of talented young Irish players get poached by the AFL. I actually played in the series at youth level and it was way different for myself anyway (half back). It was always interesting but AFL is a lot more physical and eventually the top county teams didn't want their players injured going up against full time professionals so the series stopped. Even the year I played the 15/25 they picked all played rugby union as well as football as we were just sick of it and wanted to fuck them up. Spoiler: we fucked them up.

A couple of very striking things about Haaland's game. He never takes three touches if he can get what he wants done in two, he never takes two if he can get what he wants done in one.
A very high proportion of his shots are between the posts and under the bar — at the very least he makes the keeper work… when the latter can get to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.