9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sign his buddy Bellingham and he might not even consider leaving.

I dont think it would make a difference.

He already looks very comfortable here and clearly has made good friendships,i suspect he will just want to prove himself as much as possible and that will involve playing in different leagues.

Everyone used to tell us that Sheikh Mansour would be off as soon as they money dried up. Then David Silva would leave, then Aguero would leave, nowadays its Pep will be off, Bernardo will be off etc.

Yet here we are. City will give him a reason to stay. I don't think it is arrogant or disrespectful to suggest that leaving City right now is a step down for any player, such are the resources, facilities, coaching and team mates on offer.

I don’t think it’s any secret that he wants his career trajectory to be similar to Ibrahimovic where he plays in all the top leagues.
I’m comfortable with that and intend to enjoy him whilst he’s here. Preferably at least 4 years. I’d be very surprised if it was any less.
The lad clearly enjoys breaking records, so I reckon he'll have his eye on Sergio's club record.

At the current rate, that's probably going to take about 3 seasons.

Seriously though, if he stays injury free, maintains form, and has anywhere near a goal per game average, he'll be able to name his own price for wages etc. I wouldn't be surprised if Alfie was being brutally honest when he said 2 1/2 years was the career 'plan'.

At least now we know what happens when we don't start Haaland. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.