9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you joking?

He's an absolutely incredible athlete and fantastic at putting the ball in the back of the net but in terms of 'pure footballing ability,' there are so, so many names you could rattle off before him.

Isn't this literally skill in itself?

Strange post.

Haaland will be the most destructive player we have ever had at our club by the time he moves on, we have not had a player this dominant in terms of impact on our goals.

download.jpg

agreed...

Technically he could be better and will probably get better with his first touch, passing etc but he aint ever going to be a David Silva for instance but then thats no surprise.

His movement, finishing however are up there with the very best and its not all about his obvious physicality. His movement in the 6 yd area is phenominal and that is footballing brains not physicality.
I agree, it's not only his finishing but the technique and power he gets in his shots, penalties and headers that are something i can't remember seeing before.

Also added to his movement, the way he seems to know where the space in the box is, is top notch.

Obviously the team is are still adjusting to him, but his speed is such that there are times in every game where he could've been through if only we'd seen the pass, it had been quicker or if we didn't take another touch. That will come with time tho and when it does, we will take it to another level.

Are you joking?

He's an absolutely incredible athlete and fantastic at putting the ball in the back of the net but in terms of 'pure footballing ability,' there are so, so many names you could rattle off before him.
How would you describe the knack he has of scoring the amount of goals he does if it isn't "pure footballing ability"? Isn't it an old saying that the hardest thing to do in football is actually scoring goals? To me, that makes what he does an ability/skill/talent. I'm not sure anyone at the club, or in the stands, is looking for him to dribble past 4 players, and then square it across for a Foden/Grealish/Mahrez tap in.

The deadliest striker in PL history is Aguero.
He finished with a strike rate of a goal every 108 minute and is miles ahead of the likes of Henry, Shearer and current heavy goalscorers Kane and Salah.

Haaland's 17 league goals have come from 925 minutes and a strike rate of a goal every 54 minutes. Coincidentally twice the rate of the best the PL has ever seen. Insane.

Just needs to continue now...

Reminds me of Tevez.

Never felt massively confident when Tevez stepped up for some reason. Same with Sergio.

Only really Yaya and Balotelli I've been certain they'll score. If Haaland's technique is what it was on Saturday - short run up and batter the fucker as hard as he can, and accurately too - then he'll score every one!

Never felt massively confident when Tevez stepped up for some reason. Same with Sergio.

Only really Yaya and Balotelli I've been certain they'll score. If Haaland's technique is what it was on Saturday - short run up and batter the fucker as hard as he can, and accurately too - then he'll score every one!
Tevez and Sergio weren't great takers. Mario and Yaya were.

How would you describe the knack he has of scoring the amount of goals he does if it isn't "pure footballing ability"? Isn't it an old saying that the hardest thing to do in football is actually scoring goals? To me, that makes what he does an ability/skill/talent. I'm not sure anyone at the club, or in the stands, is looking for him to dribble past 4 players, and then square it across for a Foden/Grealish/Mahrez tap in.

You are Brian Clough and I claim my £5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.