9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's just better at playing football than any player I've ever seen
I really hate saying this after 11 PL games but i've just never seen anything like this. In terms of pure footballing ability he might be the best player i've ever seen at city colours. let's see how this shakes up when it's all said and done

I suppose one (further) thing to be excited about is how his first-touch passing can improve. He had a lot of really good ideas for his linking up but would under or overhit the passes.

I really hate saying this after 11 PL games but i've just never seen anything like this. In terms of pure footballing ability he might be the best player i've ever seen at city colours. let's see how this shakes up when it's all said and done
Are you joking?

He's an absolutely incredible athlete and fantastic at putting the ball in the back of the net but in terms of 'pure footballing ability,' there are so, so many names you could rattle off before him.

Are you joking?

He's an absolutely incredible athlete and fantastic at putting the ball in the back of the net but in terms of 'pure footballing ability,' there are so, so many names you could rattle off before him.
Kinky, (D) Silva, Aguero, Yaya (****), Pizarro, Vinny, Kev and Nasri (when bothered) in my time anyways.

He was brilliant in the first half yesterday but his control, first touch and one-touch passing, especially when dropping deeper, in the second half was poor.

Absolutely beastly opening goal though. Incredible!

Seemed to roll his ankle second half which hindered him. But he'd already done the damage in the first.

That shoulder barge was a thing of beauty. His pressing is getting better too.

Are you joking?

agreed...

Technically he could be better and will probably get better with his first touch, passing etc but he aint ever going to be a David Silva for instance but then thats no surprise.

His movement, finishing however are up there with the very best and its not all about his obvious physicality. His movement in the 6 yd area is phenominal and that is footballing brains not physicality.

Are you joking?

Isn't the aim of football to put the ball in the back of the net? That ability is worth more than anything else in football. I assume these so, so many names you could rattle off before him are all midfielders?
But yet look at all the top level technicians we have in our team and not a single one of them is good at penalties, whys that?. You're really undermining the technical aspect involved in Haalands game, to pigeonhole him as a great athlete ain't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.