9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scored 2 and yet seemed a bit sluggish.Pep alluded to this as well...clearly needs a few games to get his sharpness back after a long lay off and also seems to be carrying that foot tendon injury.

Scary to think what he is like when fully fit!

Last edited:
Scored 2 and yet seemed a bit sluggish.Pep alluded to this as well...clearly needs a few games to get his sharpness back after a long lay off and also seems to be carrying that foot tendon injury.

Scary to think what he is like wen fully fit!
Until he is 110% fit, bursting at the seams, frightening the shite out of PL back fours, I'll settle for the shadow of the player he was at the start of the season.

With Grealish and Kev feeding him, I am guessing he may end up on between 35 to 40 PL goals which is phenomenal.
I'll join the "way too soon" train. If(/when) he beats Cole's/Shearer's record, these are the next bars from English top flight football to jump over (all 42 games):
37 goals - Ron Davies, Southampton - 1966/67
41 goals - Jimmy Greaves, Chelsea - 1960/61
42 goals - Ted Drake, Arsenal - 1934/35
44 goals - Dixie Dean, Everton - 1931/32
49 goals - Tom Waring, Aston Villa - 1930/31
60 goals - Dixie Dean, Everton - 1927/28

Love his attitude. "When I miss, I'm pissed. And when I score one, I want to score another".

Another thing about his attitude. Note how he shakes the hand of every single person present on his way out of that interview.

I'll join the "way too soon" train. If(/when) he beats Cole's/Shearer's record, these are the next bars from English top flight football to jump over (all 42 games):
37 goals - Ron Davies, Southampton - 1966/67
41 goals - Jimmy Greaves, Chelsea - 1960/61
42 goals - Ted Drake, Arsenal - 1934/35
44 goals - Dixie Dean, Everton - 1931/32
49 goals - Tom Waring, Aston Villa - 1930/31
60 goals - Dixie Dean, Everton - 1927/28

Another thing about his attitude. Note how he shakes the hand of every single person present on his way out of that interview.
Clearly brought up, not dragged up. Manners cost nothing.

He needs to practice how to chip the ball :)

At the beginning of the last two games ( Liverpool & Leeds ) he had two clear chances where all what he needed was a chip.

He is exceptional of course, and the scary thing is that he can get better.

Haaland is only 6 league goals short of Aguero’s best ever goal return in his time at City. Just 6. After playing 14 games.
Unbelievable really, still remember I was mocked for backing him to score 50-60 goals a season if he signed for City. Took a lot of stick in Haaland and Kane threads over this.
I miss Kun, will always love him, but I feel Haaland goal return would be on another level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.