9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll join the "way too soon" train. If(/when) he beats Cole's/Shearer's record, these are the next bars from English top flight football to jump over (all 42 games):
37 goals - Ron Davies, Southampton - 1966/67
41 goals - Jimmy Greaves, Chelsea - 1960/61
42 goals - Ted Drake, Arsenal - 1934/35
44 goals - Dixie Dean, Everton - 1931/32
49 goals - Tom Waring, Aston Villa - 1930/31
60 goals - Dixie Dean, Everton - 1927/28

Another thing about his attitude. Note how he shakes the hand of every single person present on his way out of that interview.
So if Haaland stays fit, then my initial prediction of 35 to 40 goals is very achievable. You also need to bear in mind both Cole and Shearer's goals were scored in 42 game season.

FlGS6EcWQAMi4K7

What gets me is that I still feel that we are trying to find a formation to get the best out of him, there are times in games where we seems to either bypass him or are unable to get him involved as much as we would like.

Once we find the tactics to get the best out of him it will seem like a cheat code.

What gets me is that I still feel that we are trying to find a formation to get the best out of him, there are times in games where we seems to either bypass him or are unable to get him involved as much as we would like.

Once we find the tactics to get the best out of him it will seem like a cheat code.
disagree he is getting involved plenty. we don't want him to ply like jesus. he is haaland for a reason

What I thought was telling (and frightening) the other night is that he’s not quite got a full range of finishes in his locker yet.

That chance in the first minute at Leeds, he needed to lift that over the ’keeper and it looked like he struggled to get the technique right for it.

Something for him to work on, and as I said above it’ll be frightening once he gets the full range of techniques for scoring all different types of goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.