9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please explain to me how Haaland is detrimental to the team?

We still keep the ball for 70% of the game, and limit teams to very little opportunities on our goal

We have lost some control to our game, but personally I think that's due to Kev, Gundo and Bernardo not having particularly great seasons thus far

Instead of having 5 players who all inter-changed, we now have 4 plus Haaland

I'm sorry, but if we are coming to the conclusion that Haaland is the problem, then perhaps we are in a worse position that I originally thought

Bring back Sterling and Jesus
I wish we'd lose a little more control and attack a little more.

The possession is killing me

The only “issue” for me is the lack of pressing. I don’t think it would be as much of an issue with Foden and Alvarez alongside him but Grealish and Mahrez exacerbate the problem. Other than that I don’t see how anyone could question Haaland given his goal record.
That three of Grealish-Haaland-Mahrez are bloody hopeless at winning the ball back up high.

Seen some shite posted because we dared to draw but some blues claiming now we shouldn’t have signed Erling is ridiculous!

Not sure that’s the case. He is fantastic and we are fortunate to have him but he needs pace around him. Playing intricate passes against 10 men defence is not playing to his strengths.

strange performance from him yesterday but Everton clearly wanted to rattle him.
Really thought he was going to get red carded and some stage, he will have to watch it as other teams will try what Everton did yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.