9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodness help me!

21 goals in 15 games and still some moan.

You don’t deserve to watch this team.

This is why opinions are like arseholes.

Grealish & Mahrez not really helping haaland both too slow, safe & come inside way too much. Sadly peps orders

If Kev has a poor game then haaland gets no service.

I’d rather have walker flying down the wing & smashing balls in the box as an option to kevs crosses to haaland

He’s been incredible but I think we could do better for him.

After 16 games Erling Haaland has already won 5 Premier League golden boots taking golden boots away from 10 people who have won it. Without cheating, who are these players?
I had no idea, so I had to cheat, but I thought this was interesting, so I looked it up. Here's the answer:

1997–98, 18 goals:
- Dion Dublin
- Michael Owen
- Chris Sutton

1998–99, 18 goals:
- Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
- Michael Owen
- Dwight Yorke

2006–07, 20 goals:
- Didier Drogba

2008–09, 19 goals:
- Nicolas Anelka

2010–11, 20 goals:
- Dimitar Berbatov
- Carlos Tevez

... and not long until he knicks even more golden boots. Quite a lot of seasons had the top scorer at 22 or 23 goals.

Even if some other players are performing worse because Haaland's around, it'll bear fruit next season and it'll be worth it. Don't think we'll win the league this year (have had us down to finish 2nd since August), but we just have to keep ticking over. It's not like we haven't survived seasons without trophies before (if that happens). We always come back stronger.

This season reminds me of 16/17, Pep's first year. We had to get used to him as a manager, his methods, playing one DM instead of two, making De Bruyne the heartbeat of the team, asking more of Aguero and Bravo/Caballero. Then it suddenly clicked and we had the Centurions season and then the treble-winning season.

After that, in the 19/20 season (and the first half of the 20/21 season), Rodri made the team a lot worse at first. He struggled positionally, exposed our Kompany-less defence, and it affected us a lot. Then it suddenly clicked again and we built our success in the 20/21 season and the 21/22 season on Rodri's back.

Haaland will likely be the same. This year, 22/23, we're getting used to playing with a proper number 9 again. It means we're stumbling a bit right now overall because we've got less control in certain games and our midfielders are looking for him first instead of going for goal, but suddenly it will click and we'll win the league again.

We've been here before and survived and we'll be here again. We can't win the league every year (it would be shit and boring if we did, let's be honest) but we can win 5 or 6 titles across a decade if we use our "off" seasons to try out new things and develop the team for the future. Pep knows what he's doing and I trust him with long-term thinking.

Ferguson used to do this at United. They won the first two PL titles, then finished 2nd to Blackburn. Then they won the next two titles before finishing 2nd to Arsenal. They won three on the trot before finishing 3rd in 2002 (their lowest finish for 11 years). Then they went three years without the title between 04 and 06 while Mourinho was at Chelsea.

We all remember the "Fergie Out" banners from that mid-2000s period. United had leaner periods, seasons where they were slightly off the pace, and it was normally because Ferguson was working out a new system that would make things better down the line. Pep seems to approach the game in the same way.

Last edited:
Grealish & Mahrez not really helping haaland both too slow, safe & come inside way too much. Sadly peps orders

If Kev has a poor game then haaland gets no service.

I’d rather have walker flying down the wing & smashing balls in the box as an option to kevs crosses to haaland

He’s been incredible but I think we could do better for him.
Walker flying down the wing and smashing balls into the box. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.