9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are playing almost as if we still have a false 9. Haaland has not modified how he plays either. We need to change our style a little as does he. When that happens we will take off. At least three or four times yesterday and multiple times in other games he starts runs when the opposition defence has a high line that cry out for balls over the top. We seldom attempt it and it’s one area we could do better. Of the 21 goals he has scored so far, 14 are penalty box predator , 3 penalties and only 4 scored when he ran through the defensive line.
Im exacerbated by the way we play at the moment, this has to be the worst iteration of Man City under Pep, we are boring. Againts the worst Pool & Chelsea side in years we lost one and barely won the other, there is no variation in our play, not enough aerial balls in the box for Erling, slow tempo, low intensity something needs to change.

Considering pep was ready to bench Aguero if he didn't improve his link up play ,I am sure pep would start alvarez or false 9 if haaland wasn't "Haaland". But I hope we adapt to haaland and he adapt to our style as the season goes on.

Not sure what people’s problem is

We have scored more goals this season than last season after the same amount of games, so it’s obviously absolute bollocks that the team are not “clicking” with Haaland. He’s been scoring from day one, so that’s not the issue.

The problem with our performances more recently is plenty of players don’t look sharp and just letting their standards slip. That’s it really.

We’ve had 4 competitive games since the World Cup, Haaland has 4 goals. He’s doing his job just fine…

If other members of the team can do their job as well, learn to pass the ball again etc etc, all will be fine.

one problem that is evident is that during transition while counter attcking we are not finding him. instead our midfielders are making the wrong pass and giving the ball away and inviting pressure. certainly this part of the game is making us loss some control of the game. but this issue is more on our midfielder and the coach and not on Haaland himself. so cannot blame Haaland for this issue. needs sorting out on the training ground.

Like any new attacker at City, he'll need time to really find his groove with how we play.

What's exciting is that he's banging in goals at a never before seen rate without properly fitting in. I'm sure he's working extremely hard in training to get to where he can be.

What we're seeing now is only the beginning.

Considering pep was ready to bench Aguero if he didn't improve his link up play ,I am sure pep would start alvarez or false 9 if haaland wasn't "Haaland". But I hope we adapt to haaland and he adapt to our style as the season goes on.
Yeah,during the game when the commentators were saying City won’t want Haaland getting involved in the build up they’ll just want him in the box or on the shoulder at all times. I thought well, that’s what got Sergio benched when Pep first came

Last edited:
Stones said in his interview that we didn't control the game like we're capable of. That's been the same in loads of matches, with the midfield giving it away unnecessarily e.g Rodri against Everton.

That's nothing to do with Haaland and when the team finds form he'll continue to break scoring records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.