9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's becomes way more impressive knowing Messi has played 100-120 fewer games lesser than Cristiano.
I’m not disputing Messi is miles better than that div. I’m just saying because Haaland has scored more goals than Kane or Aguero did at this stage of a season it doesn’t mean he’s better of suits us more. I’m also not getting at Haaland i love him!

Last edited:
It'd bloody help if we did though!

:-)
It'd "bloody help" if several of the players actually turned up, and recently, I'd include Haaland in that number.

As much as many of our players need to learn to play with him, he also needs to learn to play with some of our other players, and that includes "defending from the front". It took Sergio a bit of time when Pep arrived, but he finally got good at it, it has to be a two way street.

It's "Haaland", and I think you'll find that he holds the cards in this situation. If he wants to move, he'll get a move.

Like Messi, Mbappe, etc any club that has a superstar needs to keep him happy. There's nothing more frustrating for a renowned striker than lack of service.

This lad can score 50+ a season in any league without thinking if he gets the service. Pep needs to get it sorted to prove he can get the best out of him... i.e. get the ball in the box quicker. A speedy winger would be a start.

Sorry but you're being silly if you actually believe that shit.

In this team you do as the manager says or you dont play.
Pep insists his fullbacks drop into midfield.
He insists on his inverts winger hugging the line.

When I`ve see chance after chance spurned game after game to play Haaland in I don`t blame the players. I dont believe they are incapable of playing Haaland in, I think they are told not too. In fact I`ve heard in an interview over the last couple of months how Pep doesn`t want Haaland to be given the ball early.

It's "Haaland", and I think you'll find that he holds the cards in this situation. If he wants to move, he'll get a move.

Like Messi, Mbappe, etc any club that has a superstar needs to keep him happy. There's nothing more frustrating for a renowned striker than lack of service.

This lad can score 50+ a season in any league without thinking if he gets the service. Pep needs to get it sorted to prove he can get the best out of him... i.e. get the ball in the box quicker. A speedy winger would be a start.
All players hold the cards, and IF any player wants out he will go, that's football.

But if you think that Haaland walks away from us because of a few difficult performances you must be crazy.

The team still needs to find the balance between playing him in to stretch the opposition and retaining possession. Haaland needs to get more involved in the build up play, even if it's just a short pass back to Rodri or a defender. That movement just keeps the defenders on their toes a bit more. It's part of his game he can improve on. De Bruyne's form has been the issue with Haaland's service, he's the only one who looks to play a ball into him regularly and that's why things have dried up. When it clicks we'll be at a different level. Considering our form, the fact we're still second shows we're still a very good side. Keep the faith!

All players hold the cards, and IF any player wants out he will go, that's football.

But if you think that Haaland walks away from us because of a few difficult performances you must be crazy.
I'm not talking about a few games, I mean the longer term.
Pep has a 'possession at all costs' rut that he seems to have got stuck into, and the supply route to Haaland has become almost non-existent.
If the opposition 'ties up' KDB, there's little if no supply to our goal machine, and we end up doing not much more than increase our possession and passing stats.
Haaland is a one-off. The best striker in the world. The whole team should be built around him in my opinion, and Pep's tactics developed accordingly. To see him making pointless runs is frustrating for fans. Imagine how he will feel if Pep continues with this slow system, or if he can't get the rest of the team to adapt...

What I'm getting at is that, at some point, any player of Haaland's speed and calibre is going to start to wonder if they've made the right move.

I'm not saying he'll be thinking that now, but it will creep into his mind if his supply doesn't improve in the longer term. It's only natural.

I'm not talking about a few games, I mean the longer term.
Pep has a 'possession at all costs' rut that he seems to have got stuck into, and the supply route to Haaland has become almost non-existent.
If the opposition 'ties up' KDB, there's little if no supply to our goal machine, and we end up doing not much more than increase our possession and passing stats.
Haaland is a one-off. The best striker in the world. The whole team should be built around him in my opinion, and Pep's tactics developed accordingly. To see him making pointless runs is frustrating for fans. Imagine how he will feel if Pep continues with this slow system, or if he can't get the rest of the team to adapt...

What I'm getting at is that, at some point, any player of Haaland's speed and calibre is going to start to wonder if they've made the right move.

I'm not saying he'll be thinking that now, but it will creep into his mind if his supply doesn't improve in the longer term. It's only natural.
Long term he could well be off, he doesn't strike me as a player who will be sticking around for a decade like our recent legends, but that's not something to worry about.

He at this time is probably the best finisher in the world, feed him and enjoy the results whilst he is in our shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.