9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
My own eyes tell me that he isn't using Haaland to best effect.

Haaland's body language tells me that he doesn't think that Pep is using him to best effect.

I think Pep is so committed to his system that he has become 'risk averse' to the extent that possession is now more important than goals. As a result, much of our play has become tedious and boring.

Increasing pace, using quick wingers, and really supplying Haaland would improve results and entertainment value.

yes but you were saying that he didnt use the players he had at Bayern properly , which it what I commented on.

You are trying to justify your comments by comparing the playing style of the two teams .

And your eyes and opinions don't make it fact, just uour opinions.

If Pep were to come to the same conclusion as you, I expect he will try and alter our style of play.

Fair enough. Must just be me believing what came out of the Bayern hierarchy who appointed Pep to bring them the CL again, and Franck Ribery who basically thought Pep was all talk.

It doesn't change the fact that Pep doesn't seem to be making best use of Erling Haaland, and whose last two City teams have produced a grand total of one shot on target in 180 minutes.

Yeah the last few games have been bad

He’s still the leading goalscorer in Europe by nearly 10 goals so let’s not get too carried away by how badly he’s being used.

yes but you were saying that he didnt use the players he had at Bayern properly , which it what I commented on.

You are trying to justify your comments by comparing the playing style of the two teams .

And your eyes and opinions don't make it fact, just uour opinions.

If Pep were to come to the same conclusion as you, I expect he will try and alter our style of play.

You're right, it's all about opinions. Mine count just as much as yours. If you think we're playing well this season, that's fine.

Whatever conclusion Pep does come to, I hope it involves more incisive football and that he does it soon.

As matters stand, in my opinion, we're boring and predictable, and wasting much of the talent available to him. Things need to improve quickly.

You're right, it's all about opinions. Mine count just as much as yours. If you think we're playing well this season, that's fine.

Whatever conclusion Pep does come to, I hope it involves more incisive football and that he does it soon.

As matters stand, in my opinion, we're boring and predictable, and wasting much of the talent available to him. Things need to improve quickly.

Agreed - and as I said initially, it was the stuff you were saying about Pep and his playing style that I took issue with .

I would imagine every supporter would like the team to qucker and incisive football, and a quick rethink by Pep would be appreciated.

Yeah the last few games have been bad

He’s still the leading goalscorer in Europe by nearly 10 goals so let’s not get too carried away by how badly he’s being used.

I'm guessing you've never been involved in football at a decent level.

It doesn't take much for players to get fed up if they're not involved in games because of tactics.

A player of Haaland's calibre and record knows, and will reasonably expect, that the team should be built around them.

A disheartened Haaland won't be short of clubs prepared to make him their main man.

@Maldeika has said differently to that. She’s a Bayern from from München and I’ve seen her say that Bayern never had more dominance and quality of passing, goals scored and points won than when Pep was there.

Be interesting to hear her take on Pep and how he used and worked with Lewandowski and how Bayern played around him. Pep was the one who signed Lewandowski after his first season coaching Bayern. In his first season with him, he scored 25 then the second season he scored 42.

Bearing in mind Pep had Robben Ribery Coman and Douglas Costa as well as Müller around Lewandowski. In a game against Juventus in the Champions League Pep brought on Coman and had both Costa and Coman as two left wingers in that game all geared towards Leeandowski being the man to get the ball to late in the game and in extra time. Never seen tactics like that before or since.

We haven’t really seen that yet from our players or Pep’s tactics with Haaland.

There was always Lewy and Müller. Every striker next to Müller played a lot better in Munich than he did elsewhere. Olic, Gomez, Klose, Pizarro, Mandzukic and Lewandowski. The more ball possession a team has the more difficult it gets for a single striker to perform and he atleast needs a temporary partner in the box that can act like a striker.

But in the first season for Lewy at Bayern Robben was still the big fish and Lewy just second fiddle. He needed his time to adapt from a more counter attacking team to a team with more ball possession. Robben had as much goals in the Bundesliga even if he had a lot less game time. In Lewy's second (and Pep's last) season Pep had to cut out the game more to Lewy and Müller as Ribery and Robben were out nearly all season and we had many injury problems in the squad in midfield and defense.

That is my opinion - but the more ball possession a team has the more difficult it gets for the single centre forward to score goals. And I do not mean assistants but movement in the box, players that have striker abilities the main striker has a great understanding with that be used as "scape goats".

It doesn't take much for players to get fed up if they're not involved in games because of tactics.

A disheartened Haaland won't be short of clubs prepared to make him their main man.

Fucking hell, grow up.

To behave like this after a couple of games isn't even funny, it's just pathetic.

Fucking hell, grow up.

To behave like this after a couple of games isn't even funny, it's just pathetic.

After all the trouble City went to to ensure we got Haarland, I can't honestly believe that posters think we would let this happen .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.