9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
How? Neither Aguero or Kane have scored more goals than games like Haaland is currently doing (27 goals in 24 games). The Norwegian has averaged around 1 goal a goal in Salzburg, Borussia Dortmund, Man City as well as for a shit Norway team.

I don't remember in any particular season with Aguero or Kane being the best striker in the world like Haaland.

For someone who isn't very technically skilled on ball, Haaland is doing alright.
Utter fan boy bollocks

This is what I’ve said from day one.

I don’t believe our players can’t see the runs Erling makes. This has to be on Peps orders

Can't see why Pep would tell them not to pass to him. He wouldn't bother running if there was an instruction to ignore him, what would be the point! Pep will demand discipline with the ball, but there's not a chance in hell he wants us to ignore someone as good at scoring as Haaland. There is a real obsession that Pep is stifling the team in order to play keep ball, but I don't believe it for a minute. He'll want a balance. He believes in our ability to create chances through passing triangles and movement, but he's spoken about wanting Grealish to show more on the ball, and he doesn't seem to have a problem with Mahrez taking his man on. He never had a problem with Messi dribbling past people, nor has he been bothered by De Bruyne playing on the edge and often giving the ball away pursuing a ludicrous pass - because he knows he can make it the next time he tries it.

The balance will just take time. We went from finding him with every pass, to now hardly giving him a sniff until chasing a game and firing crosses in. The team need to review previous games and work out that balance. West Ham way back on the first day of the season is possibly the place to start. Gundogan played a ball through that was probably overhit, but Haaland's pace got him there and won a pen. Then De Bruyne slid one through to put us 2-0 up. Whilst teams defend deep, we still have plenty of chances to slide him in from around the halfway line - we should trust him to at least get to the ball first and even if he doesn't score, someone else might as it will stretch things.

This is what I’ve said from day one.

I don’t believe our players can’t see the runs Erling makes. This has to be on Peps orders

Absolutely

Although tonight, you could see us actually looking for his runs a lot more. He made a good run and we found him, but Lloris got off his line quickly.

We just need to realise that we don’t always have to pass teams to death. We can do it at times but sometimes we can be less predictable, up the pace and be direct which is what we did tonight in the second half. We’ll find his runs more and more.

I sincerely hope that every single person that have doubted Haaland, could see today how he's all over the pitch. Attacking, defending, tackling, winning headers, making dozens of runs without ever getting the pass. He's putting in all the effort anyone could ever ask for, but just because he gets so few touches, some people are actually blaming Haaland for a little dry spell. Unbelievable really.

Any way, that's the incredibly long drought finally ended - let's hope he'll just keep on scoring now.

I sincerely hope that every single person that have doubted Haaland, could see today how he's all over the pitch. Attacking, defending, tackling, winning headers, making dozens of runs without ever getting the pass. He's putting in all the effort anyone could ever ask for, but just because he gets so few touches, some people are actually blaming Haaland for a little dry spell. Unbelievable really.

Any way, that's the incredibly long drought finally ended - let's hope he'll just keep on scoring now.

Yeah made me laugh when they talked about his dry spell. 2 league games before today without a goal. 4 games in total, 2 of which he was on the bench.

Before that he had 4 goals in the first 4 games after the World Cup.

By his standards it may have been a “dry spell” but he’s already equal with last seasons golden boot winners.

How? Neither Aguero or Kane have scored more goals than games like Haaland is currently doing (27 goals in 24 games). The Norwegian has averaged around 1 goal a goal in Salzburg, Borussia Dortmund, Man City as well as for a shit Norway team.

I don't remember in any particular season with Aguero or Kane being the best striker in the world like Haaland.

For someone who isn't very technically skilled on ball, Haaland is doing alright.
Football isn’t just about stats. Being a striker isn’t just about goals. Someone scoring a lot of goals doesn’t always mean it ends up with trophies being won.

Haaland has got a long way to go before he’s a complete player. He’s already the best goalscorer I’ve ever seen, even at his age, but I’ve seen loads of better footballers who are strikers.

Agüero, Kane, Benzema, Henry, are/were all better footballers than Haaland currently is.

I’m absolutely loving watching Haaland play for a City, he’s exciting, dangerous, unpredictable, a great finisher, but he’s got a hell of a lot of improving and learning to do as a footballer.

The way Kun adapted his game under Pep, he was incredible! Injured too often, didn’t score as many goals as Haaland or Lewandowski, but his all-round game became so good in his second season with Pep.

If Haaland shows the same trajectory under Pep then, bloody well watch out! But at the moment he’s just a very raw incredible goalscorer with the potential to become a great player but he’s not there yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.