9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have thought that after spending most of the game not being played in, he would have taken a shot from roughly 20 yards out, but he laid it off left. Was odd.

Players should have more trust in themselves and at least TRY to give Haaland these balls...
Haaland vs goalkeeper is VERY VERY likely to score, so sometimes it's worth trying more difficult passes. Safe passes the whole game makes sense while using false 9, City now have a proper finisher...
View attachment 68191View attachment 68190View attachment 68189
Exactly this, you could make at least three of these freeze frames every game so one of two things are happening

1. Pep is telling players not to risk a through ball as he wants us to play the percentage ball rather than lose possession. Which if the case , why is Haaland continually making these runs, surely Pep must be telling him or does he like wasting his own time and energy. This doesn’t make sense as an explanation

2. the players are purposefully not passing to him, this is a bit more sinister as it plays into something not being well in the camp. Unfortunately I think this can be the only explanation and is partly behind Pep going to war with most of our senior players. I don’t think it’s the main Reason but the players just aren’t bought into this new style. I think we are in for a bumpy 12-18 months while Pep gets the players in who suit this new style and are on board with it

I would have thought that after spending most of the game not being played in, he would have taken a shot from roughly 20 yards out, but he laid it off left. Was odd.
Did you know the players get fined if they score a goal being more than 5 yards out ; )

Scored 15 goals in his first 11 Premier League games. He's scored 10 goals in the 11 league games since then. So, he's still scoring at an outrageous rate and will still get close to 40 goals this season.

We are still finding him and providing good service, the problem is that when we can't find Haaland, we can't seem to find any other way to score. We're yet to lose a game in which Haaland has grabbed a goal.

Get Foden back in the action and back on the right. Get Kevin and Gundogan up close to him. Foden, Kevin, and Gundogan are all more than capable of hitting double figures every season now.

I'm a big Grealish fan but why not try Foden, Haaland, and Alvarez together? All three can score goals, all three know how to look forwards and attack the opposition. Maybe embracing unpredictability is what we need?

Tbh I saw that as a good thing, because even when frustrated he still made the right decision to get the ball wide and then get in the box. It’s not his fault our wingers are useless at creating chances for him. They need to do better when given the ball 1 v 1 with their opponent.

Players should have more trust in themselves and at least TRY to give Haaland these balls...
Haaland vs goalkeeper is VERY VERY likely to score, so sometimes it's worth trying more difficult passes. Safe passes the whole game makes sense while using false 9, City now have a proper finisher...
View attachment 68191View attachment 68190View attachment 68189
was shouting at my screen "pass".... most lethal player in world football but you cant create any chances with our arsenal of players. frustrating to say the least. zero risk won't get you anywhere.

I do have a feeling the players may not be as happy Haaland joined as the fans were.
They were dominant force in the PL, winning 4x out of last 5. then Haaland joined and everything was about Haaland. Look back all the interviews with any player in August, Sept, Oct etc., they had to answer questions about Haaland. how great he is, how good he is, how big talent he is, how many he scores, Haaland this, Haaland that.
obv none of them will say"listen, Sterling and Jesus were immense for us, they helped us win 4 title in last 5, lets see what Haaland can improve on top of that first"

thing is it is not easier for us with Haaland. tactically its a big challenge. we thought how easy it will be when Haaland comes and all those easy chances Sterling, Jesus, Foden kept missing over the years will be converted finally.
well we dont create those chances anymore do we?

Something deffo not right look at dortmund haaland would back up any player fouled he celebrated with goal scorers. There seems to be some problem amongst the players and have lost that team mentality

Tbh I saw that as a good thing, because even when frustrated he still made the right decision to get the ball wide and then get in the box. It’s not his fault our wingers are useless at creating chances for him. They need to do better when given the ball 1 v 1 with their opponent.
yeah i see your point, i just thought he might test the keeper properly but alas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.