9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said, Kane would suit our style far more than Haaland does or is likely ever to. Kane's best attribute other than his finishing is his ability to drop deep and get involved, linking play and rolling defenders. Son has been awful this season and Kane is having his best goal-scoring season for years.

Also, what part of "We don't play to his strengths" do you not quite understand?

We were boring as fuck with a False 9 for two years. Gundo had to rescue one of those seasons by outscoring all of our forwards.

We were boring as fuck with a False 9 for two years. Gundo had to rescue one of those seasons by outscoring all of our forwards.

At the end of the day, Haaland's game, his strengths, means he is simply far better suited to a counter attacking side than one that focuses on ball possession and ball recycling. It's why Dortmund were such a good fit for him. He can adapt his game a little and we can adapt ours a little to help him, but it will take time.

At the end of the day, Haaland's game, his strengths, means he is simply far better suited to a counter attacking side than one that focuses on ball possession and ball recycling. It's why Dortmund were such a good fit for him. He can adapt his game a little and we can adapt ours a little to help him, but it will take time.
I totally agree, but Peps blueprint has always been based on ball possession deep in the opponents half. That won’t change. Peps fantasy team is a team of midfielders. That’s not Haaland.

I see Spanish outlet Nacional are talking up rumours of a breakdown ("divorce") between Haaland and Pep. And that Real Madrid are "very attentive" to the situation, but are willing to wait until the release clause comes into effect next year. Didn’t take long, did it?

xG 0,00 last game. First 8 matches he had 66 touches. Last 8 has been 33.
Other teams adjusted to him and he's been screened by both CBs for most of the game. Pep sacrificed the formation because of him, so other teams even stopped defending with back five. Just cover Haaland with CBs and press a possible outlet to him and usually it is Kev only. Compared to a couple of season ago - even a year ago - we sometimes look playing with two players down in attacking phase of the game. The number of chances we create is down, the number total shots is down and the ratio of shots /shots on goal is dropping ever lower. But, why Pep changed the tactics and formation so much remains mystery to me. He might've been unnerved by Arsenal form, or the incoming WC, but something snapped and we look totally crooked.
I am sick of seeing it on TV or people posting it here Haaland running and there are all these arrows superimposed of possible through-passes, when in reality less that 20% of them would be successful. And people would then scream we are giving away too many balls, or that we are too hasty in our execution when attacking.

Why buy a player who doesn’t suit your system unless you’re prepared to make the most of him and adapt?
Do you think the Curchella signing was supposed to be part of this an overlapping left back? Maybe Pep had plans to try and do this but it fell away with that signing not happening Zinchenko going and Gomez it seems a complete bust.

I see Spanish outlet Nacional are talking up rumours of a breakdown ("divorce") between Haaland and Pep. And that Real Madrid are "very attentive" to the situation, but are willing to wait until the release clause comes into effect next year. Didn’t take long, did it?

200 million, well that’s 150 million profit then, that will buy a few top class players then, bloody idiots

Other teams adjusted to him and he's been screened by both CBs for most of the game. Pep sacrificed the formation because of him, so other teams even stopped defending with back five. Just cover Haaland with CBs and press a possible outlet to him and usually it is Kev only. Compared to a couple of season ago - even a year ago - we sometimes look playing with two players down in attacking phase of the game. The number of chances we create is down, the number total shots is down and the ratio of shots /shots on goal is dropping ever lower. But, why Pep changed the tactics and formation so much remains mystery to me. He might've been unnerved by Arsenal form, or the incoming WC, but something snapped and we look totally crooked.
I am sick of seeing it on TV or people posting it here Haaland running and there are all these arrows superimposed of possible through-passes, when in reality less that 20% of them would be successful. And people would then scream we are giving away too many balls, or that we are too hasty in our execution when attacking.
Most of what you’re saying is right regarding the formation but in big games like against the scum and Spurs when he makes runs the ball should have been played a fair few times. Worst case it’s over hit and their keeper gets it. Big deal. Get the past right and there’s a good chance he scores. The examples we’ve seen in these games when the pass has been on but we play our umpteenth square pass the risk reward has been worth trying to play Haaland in. We still lose the ball eventually playing this new found slow pragmatic style as 100% possession might be Pep’s wet dream these days but is obviously impossible. The lack of shots on target and chances created in these games shows something needs to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.