9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think the Curchella signing was supposed to be part of this an overlapping left back? Maybe Pep had plans to try and do this but it fell away with that signing not happening Zinchenko going and Gomez it seems a complete bust.
I don’t know, mate. I was just suggesting to the other poster that Pep’s affiliation to midfielders and a certain style might actually be more flexible than he thought. Otherwise I don’t believe Pep/Txiki would have bought the Viking. Something would have to give to accommodate him.

Haaland’s initial goal burst proves we can make it work. I know we are still adapting but suspect the collective loss of form in midfield explains the lack of service more than deliberate tactics.

0 goals at Liverpool, United, Chelsea and Spurs. Easy to blame the other players.
What?
He scored against Spurs two weeks ago.
He scored against Liverpool the last time we met.
He scored a hat-trick and had two assists against United a few months ago.

And even if you are referring to games he didn't score in. That's cherry picking.
He didn't score against Bournemouth in August either. "Booo."

What about the 31 goals he has scored these last 5 months?

What?
He scored against Spurs two weeks ago.
He scored against Liverpool the last time we met.
He scored a hat-trick and had two assists against United a few months ago.

And even if you are referring to games he didn't score in. That's cherry picking.
He didn't score against Bournemouth in August either. "Booo."

What about the 31 goals he has scored these last 5 months?
The key word is AT

Dwight Yorke on Jamie Carraghers comments about Haaland:

“When Haaland was scoring all his goals before, everyone was talking about how good he is at Manchester City, now he has not scored in one game, Haaland has signed for the wrong team.

“What a load of waffle from Carragher, you also have one of the best passers in the world in Kevin De Bruyne in the team too, they just have to see Haaland's runs more. There is a simple solution, just play the ball in the space.”

0 goals at Liverpool, United, Chelsea and Spurs. Easy to blame the other players.

Last season, we had more goals after 21 PL games than this season. We were creating more chances and we were more solid in defence. Maybe Haaland has come in a transitional period. Next season will show whether he can make us better. It's quite obvious though that there's a lot, lot more to scoring goals as a team than having the best finisher(s) up front.
Research is your friend.

I see Spanish outlet Nacional are talking up rumours of a breakdown ("divorce") between Haaland and Pep. And that Real Madrid are "very attentive" to the situation, but are willing to wait until the release clause comes into effect next year. Didn’t take long, did it?

It has been since the start this two year bollocks , the spanish media always trying it on about our players , non stop bollocks

Dwight Yorke on Jamie Carraghers comments about Haaland:

“When Haaland was scoring all his goals before, everyone was talking about how good he is at Manchester City, now he has not scored in one game, Haaland has signed for the wrong team.

“What a load of waffle from Carragher, you also have one of the best passers in the world in Kevin De Bruyne in the team too, they just have to see Haaland's runs more. There is a simple solution, just play the ball in the space.”

Damn me, Dwight's gone up in my estimation. Not difficult, mind. He was pretty much as low as it can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.