9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in SSL1 but I’m sure he banged his badge a couple of times when he got subbed? Wasn’t picked up by TV cameras but will be interesting to see if it was picked up elsewhere.

Little things like that mean a lot, players - especially ones are career-driven as Haaland - don’t seem to do that lightly anymore.

I'm just gonna quote what I said earlier this month. The robot gonna have to put in some extra work this summer :)

Just needs a bit of a firmware update and it'll be sorted.

The reality is all strikers miss chances and he does too, its just he has set the standard so high that it seems an off night if doesn't score every good chance. There's not a player in history that scored every decent chance otherwise players would be on 100+ goals a season.

Just needs a bit of a firmware update and it'll be sorted.

The reality is all strikers miss chances and he does too, its just he has set the standard so high that it seems an off night if doesn't score every good chance. There's not a player in history that scored every decent chance otherwise players would be on 100+ goals a season.

Yeah, it happens. The main thing is he keeps getting into positions to score. He doesn't let a miss affect him. The first header straight at Courtois was poor but he was so close to goal he couldn't do much more. The second was a brilliant save. The chance from Gundogan's backheel he should bury. Plenty of space to aim it into the corner. Alvarez showed him how to do it! What a squad!

Glad that’s it’s now looking likely we will win the league, I thought it would have been absolutely bizzare for haaland to break nearly every goal scoring record and for us not to win the league.
Would of felt wasted.

Amazing player as with the rest of this brilliant team.

I was in SSL1 but I’m sure he banged his badge a couple of times when he got subbed? Wasn’t picked up by TV cameras but will be interesting to see if it was picked up elsewhere.

Little things like that mean a lot, players - especially ones are career-driven as Haaland - don’t seem to do that lightly anymore.
It was in The Athletic, when they did a 'story of the night" review of the game:

"Minute 89: Haaland is substituted off and he thumps the City badge on his shirt in a surely pointed display of where his loyalties lie, against the team he is known to admire."

They agree with you about its significance.

I suspect that if he's happy, then "playing for Real" won't be something he's desperate to do quite so soon.

If he wins a Balon D'or at City, I think that will be a huge day for the Premier League, and will make the Spanish league appear much less attractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.