9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have won the BDO.
I agree but ultimately he was wildly unlucky that a treble-winning season fell in the same year that Messi and Argentina won the WC. Any other year and he would have walked it.

I just fear that the context of why he lost it this year will get lost and all seasons from this one on will be compared to the last one. What are the chances that he has a better season than his first? Slim to none.

Not to mention the undeniable favoritism that Spanish clubs get in these sorts of awards.

I agree but ultimately he was wildly unlucky that a treble-winning season fell in the same year that Messi and Argentina won the WC. Any other year and he would have walked it.

I just fear that the context of why he lost it this year will get lost and all seasons from this one on will be compared to the last one. What are the chances that he has a better season than his first? Slim to none.

Not to mention the undeniable favoritism that Spanish clubs get in these sorts of awards.
Keep Bellingham and Mbappe away from the CL and he will win it next year.

Haaland doesnt have to beat last season to win it, he doesn't have the Messi competition anymore.

Keep Bellingham and Mbappe away from the CL and he will win it next year.

Haaland doesnt have to beat last season to win it, he doesn't have the Messi competition anymore.

There's also the Euros and the Copa America next year so don't be too sure! If Messi wins the Copa America I'm sure they'll find a way to give it to him. If Portugal win the Euro's Ronaldo probably gets his sentimental Ballon D'or too!

Haaland isn't going to be at the Euro's so he has to win the CL to even be considered, unless he scores a shit tonne. Otherwise they'll look at someone who won the CL and went far in the Euro's or vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.