9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
If people could maybe criticise without being proper cuntish and maybe offer some constructive critique then I’d be all for it and accept it as there’s no doubt yesterday was a very poor day for him.
This season has been a funny one, notwithstanding the fact he’s just coming back from over 2 months out and very recently had a bereavement in the family he’s still the leagues top goal scorer and deserves a bit more respect than what some of the gobshights on here offer up.
I can agree with this

If people could maybe criticise without being proper cuntish and maybe offer some constructive critique then I’d be all for it and accept it as there’s no doubt yesterday was a very poor day for him.
This season has been a funny one, notwithstanding the fact he’s just coming back from over 2 months out and very recently had a bereavement in the family he’s still the leagues top goal scorer and deserves a bit more respect than what some of the gobshights on here offer up.
I think the criticism has been more nuanced than the actual defense. People defending Haaland basically bring up he is the top goal scorer and that we won the treble last season. That lacks all type of nuance. I've seen criticism about his heading technique, about how different outcomes could have made us treble winners in other seasons, about the two-forward system, about Haaland having worst xG vs goal by a significant margin than last season, about his repetitive movement when there are crosses...

There is bad criticism of course, but I think most of it has been fair. Whoever says we won the treble because of Haaland, that his finishing and form is at the level of last season, that he is our best player or that he is above criticism just because he is top goal scorer is deluding themselves.

Aguero went through a few arid patches too, along with many other top strikers, but I think that is natural. I think City will come good again, our recent poor form hasn’t been so bad after all, (is it 12 wins from 13? lost count) but reading some of the crap on here you would think we are on the verge of relegation

I think the criticism has been more nuanced than the actual defense. People defending Haaland basically bring up he is the top goal scorer and that we won the treble last season. That lacks all type of nuance. I've seen criticism about his heading technique, about how different outcomes could have made us treble winners in other seasons, about the two-forward system, about Haaland having worst xG vs goal by a significant margin than last season, about his repetitive movement when there are crosses...

There is bad criticism of course, but I think most of it has been fair. Whoever says we won the treble because of Haaland, that his finishing and form is at the level of last season, that he is our best player or that he is above criticism just because he is top goal scorer is deluding themselves.
Think it’s all in his head atm and he’s having one of those mental blocks players sometimes have when returning from a decent stretch out.
Just needs to overcome it and those scuffs and rushed efforts go back to being hit sweet and true and the goals return.
There’s always been questions asked about his arial ability which you’d think strange considering his height, but it’s certainly one of the things that he can improve on.

Ask any dipper or rag to honestly answer who would they rather have = the two in form strikers they currently have - or Haaland long term? No brainer. Within a month everything will have returned to normality

He’s a monster and best striker in world. He’s still young and I’m surprised it’s taken this long for him have a little bit of bad form. Usually with players his age would have occurred lot sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.