9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's get behind the lads blues. There is no need to keep having a go at our players after they have a quiet game. We are still in the three comps let's just get behind the boys. Come on City. Another great result tonight.

So you think he played well tonight do you?

He frustrates at times. But I actually think he did play well tonight.
He’s probably the key reason we scored two goals from just outside the box.

He and Rudiger had a good tussle, about even I’d say.
We went long more often than usual, whimsy Haaland didn’t win more than Rudiger it was fairly even and I don’t think Rudiger won it cleanly or clearly once.

I thought he was pants vs Arsenal. But a bit of a menace tonight. He was also feeding off total scraps and even McPointy was saying what brilliant runs he was making.

In order to be critical of the best striker in the world you at least need to show some minor understanding of the game.
As others have said, playing big Erl ties up two opposition defenders, releasing space for others.

How can anyone be critical of a young kid (he’s a man mountain but still a baby in football terms) who has scored so many goals in such a short time? In a team that coincidentally won the CL for the first time with him in it, to complete a treble and is in with a realistic shout of repeating the fete again this year?

I’ve said it for years but we genuinely have the very very worst fans in top flight football. I’d rather watch City amongst a pub full of United fans than City fans. They talk more sense than so many of our fans.

Admit it, you haven’t forgiven this club for becoming a giant have you? Do you pine for the halcyon days of yore, when we’d keep the ball in the corner when chasing a goal to avoid relegation? Did you cheer when Jamie Pollock juggled the ball into his own net, helping relegate us to the third tier? That was well cool. Fuck Haaland and all the trophies he’s helped us win.

It astounds me that people can watch Foden, Bernardo, Kevin etc have terrible games and place the blame on the striker. Most of these comments are coming from people who have watched football for 30+ years too like Roy Keane.

The only player who gave him a decent pass all game was the left back after 6 minutes. And from that he took a decent shot then created probably our best chance of the game for Grealish.

It's not as if we are playing amazing attacking football and Haaland sticks out like a sore thumb is it? Our general attacking play looks poor and consequently so does the striker, its the same when Alvarez has played there.

He needs Kdb feeding him, unfortunately when Kev doesn't play he gets very little service.
It’s on Pep and Txiki to get it right when the window opens and build a midfield that works for Erl.
We simply cannot rely solely on KdB who is a master but also the wrong side of 30 to be the sole creator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.