9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the Foden goal again, there is no way he would've had that much space if the defenders weren't scared of Erling, yes we can criticize him for not holding up the ball well or never making a front post run, but anyone saying we play with 10 men with him is talking rubbish.
I just did, and this is straight false. Haaland is on the left, the CBs are in the area as they should, as soon as Foden gets the ball Tchoumeni (who was necer focusing on Haaland) runs towards Phil, Rudiger closes the space that Tchoumeni left (so again he would do that with or without Haalabd) and Carvajal moves to mark Haaland. Carvajal doesn't have any impact, so Haaland has literally zero impact in that goal.

I just did, and this is straight false. Haaland is on the left, the CBs are in the area as they should, as soon as Foden gets the ball Tchoumeni (who was necer focusing on Haaland) runs towards Phil, Rudiger closes the space that Tchoumeni left (so again he would do that with or without Haalabd) and Carvajal moves to mark Haaland. Carvajal doesn't have any impact, so Haaland has literally zero impact in that goal.
The CB's would've been immediately in Foden's face if they weren't concerned with Haaland, that's my opinion.

He creates so much space for others to thrive, so I don’t really understand when people say it’s like playing with ten men. It does appear that way sometimes mind, but he’s occupying one defender at all times, he’s that much of a threat it leaves other players to do their thing.

But, after watching spitty and Henry’s assessment of him last night, I can disagree with them. All these 50-50 tussles which get punted to him, he has to learn to make it harder for a defender. Henry nailed it, he should hold them off with his arm and face side of, instead of getting tight to the defender.

Genuine questions for the new generation of Haaland haters:

If City were to transfer list him:
A) how much would you sell
Him for? And
B) who do you think would come in for him?

If the answer to a) is >£100m and the answer to b) includes most or indeed all of the worlds top clubs then what the actual fuck are you doing piling into the lad?

Should we sack Pep for continuing to pick him?
‘Piling into the lad’ - What an overreaction. Some people have merely said he can do better. Give your fanny a wipe. Do you think he’d have been happy with his performance last night in which he produced a grand total of 1 shot when he’s reputedly the best striker in the world?

He creates so much space for others to thrive, so I don’t really understand when people say it’s like playing with ten men. It does appear that way sometimes mind, but he’s occupying one defender at all times, he’s that much of a threat it leaves other players to do their thing.

But, after watching spitty and Henry’s assessment of him last night, I can disagree with them. All these 50-50 tussles which get punted to him, he has to learn to make it harder for a defender. Henry nailed it, he should hold them off with his arm and face side of, instead of getting tight to the defender.

An attacker is occupying one defender? One defender? What is this defender marks a player magic you speak of ? :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.