9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
"if he dared" ... hmm I don't think he had anything left to prove tbh. He'd have torn it up over here, no doubt, but I can see why it wasn't top of his list.
I don't mean it like that. I just mean I wish he came. He had zero to prove.

I think its a case of we really don’t want him to go rather than we can’t afford to let him.

Pep completely changed the way we play to adapt to having Erling in the team and it’s been brilliantly succesful. However we were really succesful before Haaland and if he wasnt here Pep would adapt the way we play again and we would, no doubt, be highly successful again.

As I said, nobody wants him to go but if it were to happen I just hope the release clause or transfer fee is ludicrously high.
It's not the financial side i'm worried about, we would get huge money for him, it's more of replacing his goals and his presence!

I understand that Pep would adapt the side, but we would be a lot weaker and another team gets a lot better, especially if he keeps scoring at this rate or better.

He would only go to, at most, a couple of teams, but if he does, they would become the best team in the world instead of us!

I'm well happy with Erling so far. He looks like he's up for it already.
He's scored 3 good goals, missed a penalty and forced great saves out of the keepers. He is a menace to the opposition and he should've had a penalty last week too.
(2 players hauling a player to the ground! when has that never been a foul!!!)
The signs are there and when he gets up to full speed he's going to be just as lethal as last season.

We really need to tie him down on a long term deal though.
Give him what he wants, there's talk of Madrid paying a release clause(?) and wanting him next summer and we can't afford to let that happen!

There is no more release clause. It was tied to Pep leaving.

When Pep extended.. the release clause was non valid.

Well the analytical data suggested that he was. How many games did you watch?
Which one? The year he scored 11 goals all season or the two Years he was absent in both CL R16 games and booed off of the pitch by PSG supporters.

Getting nice stats in Ligue 1 while playing for PSG does not actually impress me.

I understand why Messi will win this year because journalist love the World Cup story but Haaland was the best player in the world this season.

Won every trophy possible including the biggest cup completion in the world (Champions League).

Well he was due a hat-trick.

It's a shame there's an international break now just as he's building some momentum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.