9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Seems to be you're in one camp or the other on this thread. I personally want Erling to stay with us and become the best player he can possibly be. That said, he does need to improve. When it goes forward to him it should stick and his general play needs to get better. Teams don't let him have any space in behind this season so he goes for large periods of the game barely involved at all. When he is he needs to be better with the ball at his feet. People saying 'that isn't his job'...... well no, but it does have an impact on his job. If he's had the ball played through to him a few times and he's failed to keep hold of it or bring others into play it just adds to his frustration and impacts his confidence. When he was clean through at the start of the game against Luton I wasn't convinced the net would bulge, last season I was. They're usually the opportunities he thrives off.

He definitely needs to improve his all round game. He's still having an impact by hassling the defenders and keeping them on their toes and he doesn't need to drop deep and get on the ball but like you say he needs to win those battles, hold the ball up and try and make things happen.

The main thing he needs to do is put away those chances when they fall. He's low on confidence at the moment clearly but hopefully the penalty gives him a bit more. As you say, those chances are ones he'd despatch no problem last season, but he's clearly low on confidence and it didn't feel like he was going to score. Only takes one to go in for that to change though.

I think we sometimes forget how young he is.
Living up to massive expectations after last season can't be easy for him.
Hope he proves a point tomorrow. It would be a major boost for him and it would make him finish the season really strong and definitely increase our chances retaining all of our trophies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.